What difficulties do you face while saving

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I want us to discuss and share our experiences whilst we save. Many people will have one or two things that they battle with while saving and others may have none.

In this thread I will share mine and I hope you will share yours and how you are able to tackle it for the benefit of everyone.

1. The first problem I face which at many times affects my savings is impulsive buying. I may go out with a wallet full of money and on return find out that I am carrying an empty wallet because I buy almost everything I see on the street. How I avoid this is by moving out with a few cash or at times none. It helps me avoid Impulsive spending.

2. Another problem I face is a cut in payment or income source
There are times when the organization I work with will delay payment and as such I need to use my savings in order to survive: and I usually find it hard to refund the saved amount. These are few problems I face while saving and how I tackle some of them.

Share yours.

Axis

Banned
They are quite some difficulties people face while saving. Saving itself is not an easy task especially as we have between alien the reduction in income can be a difficult for someone to save. When income are being reduced the money letter only be used for providing off the primary needs and sometimes the problem when this knees are being provided the money might get exhausted and they will not be any other money left for saving this is quite a difficulty.
And also due to the existence of flashy items people now spend more and save few. They spend neglecting the fact that saving is one of the major thing the should do with your money. And so one should exhibit the quality of self-control because this quality will help him to control his or herself even when he find spending very tempting.

And also the increase of price on goods and services has now put a difficulty for people to save. Because when the price of goods and services are high people tend to spend more than what they can serve

Heartstrings

It is actually easy and difficult at the same time,some people find it easy, while some do not. One of the problem I faced when I was saving is how bills do compile, Before I know it I have so much bills to pay,what I meant is,if I saved some money or intend to save,I will later find out there is a bill waiting for me to be paid,so I will end up not saving at all of save very little.
Another problem is how I spend my money,I may go out to get something at a nearby store,and end up spending all I have there because I see what I like even if it's something I can still get later on. So I decided to drop some cash at home and go with my budget.

Saving up it not something that is easy,to me it need training of the mind and plan of budget else you will end up not saving anything at the end of the day.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing some of your experience with us , personally I don't have any problem with savings because I have been able to control the amount of money I spend and also the amount of money I am saving. Now i even have opportunity to save more money because of certain majors I have taken upon myself to make sure that I do not spend so much.

That is one of the reason I do not like investing or putting my money in the bank because if I have to put my money in the bank then that will be one of the most easiest way I can use that money , not really for anything important but for buying of things that are not really needed in my life..

As I can remember , I think one of the challenge I had then that prevents me from saving money was because I will spend it on unnecessary things.

uforwealth

Verified member
The only problem I have with saving is the need to satisfy what I did not plan for. Some things that I don't always plan for happen. When these things occur, I find it difficult to satisfy them.However, I must attend to them. I don't think there is a way-out. I must satisfy them at the expense of my saving.