What business opportunity is good for a teacher?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Teaching is one of the oldest profession in the world. The sad thing is that they are not well paid and reward handsomely.

Majority of them languish in poverty due to the low income they are realising from teaching profession.

Perhaps I'm speaking from my perspective and how things looks like in my country. The case might be different in other countries.

As we all know that a single source of income is no longer viable in this present economy of the world. The best thing is to have multiple streams of income.

The same thing is applicable for the teachers as they have more time to do some other things.

So I want to ask that what business opportunity can you recommend for someone who is a teacher?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
As a teacher is will be the best thing that you engage in learning a skill and focusing on how you can build up your online presence because you will have a lot of time is specially in the evening when you are back from school... That should been the perfect time you should use and engage in online business .you have to learn a skill.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think a teacher could actually invest in crypto currency business and earn profit ,or he or she could start affiliate marketing as it won't require much of his time online ,but less time as you need to know how to invest properly on forex option and will need a proper strategy

Mika

VIP Contributor
Teacher can do two things, one, create a course and sell my learning marketplaces like udemy or skillshare. Or, create an online school and offer various short term or long term courses. eduction is a big business and there is a lot of money to be made, it does not require huge investment.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are a teacher, you can build education business, a school, a college, or even a university. If you think these businesses are too big to handle, you can try creating training institutes and train people for professional subjects like graphic design, marketing, programming, etc. Education itself is a business.

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, if one is really good at what he does, that is, is a professional teacher then he or she can extend his or her services online as an online tutor as they are very many students that are in need of such services especially from those that are lagging behind in various subjects

Setho

VIP Contributor
As a teacher you can always take advantage of the growing technology right now. You can create small online courses on difficult aspects of your subject and then post it on third-party sites like linked in learning and udemy. You are going to be paid if anybody enroll for your course

moonchild

VIP Contributor
As a teacher there are different ways to earn, I've written an thread on how to make money as a teacher.

You can start offering extra mural classes for your students, this is a very easy to earn money, because you'll be targeting your students and you'll be teaching them core subjects, if you tell their parents they won't object the idea.

You can also target student writing the end of the year waec and neco and offer them training on how they can ace their exams this also depends on the type of school you are and also the type of subjects you know as a teacher.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think an online business is good for a teacher cos if you open a physical business, you may not have enough time to maintain it....so I would suggest an online business or online earning.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Teaching honestly in most African countries are not well paid. This has made it necessary for them to have some other things that they need doing at least to sustain them economically. There are however different things that are needed to be doing by these teachers to get themselves coping with the economy.

Laundry business can be a good business idea for teachers as it is an easier job and can be done anytime in as much as there are customers and stable electricity needed to kick start.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I am going to speak from the standpoint of an ex teacher. When I was teaching, I became a hustler within the teaching ecosystem to make additional money. I had my own extra lessons that I organized for the students after school and of course, they paid for it. I also had an adult education program I organized for elderly people that still wanted to go to school. I did home lessons and I ran exams preparatory classes. As a teacher, there is vast opportunities in the teaching line to use as a side hustle.