What are your financial goals by 40?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
They say new life begins at 40. By the time you reach 40, you will already have a stable career, you already have a family, and you are somewhat settled. If you are still under 40 years of age, what are your financial goals before you reach 40 years of age?

Here are my financial goals before I become 40.

Live a debt free life (zero debt)

Have a saving that would be enough for emergency needs

Eighty percent of total income comes from passive sources

Have equity on a few companies

Have investment in stock market, crypto market, and real estate

Own a few businesses

Before I reach 40, I would like to build a wealth ecosystem that will give me financial freedom. I have no desire to buy liabilities, therefore, I don’t dream of cars or even a house, however, I would of course want to invest in real estate so that I can collect rental income.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't have debt, and I don't intend to borrow money for any reason whatsoever. I don't want to borrow a personal loan, I don't want to borrow, a business loan, I don't want to get a loan for investment, I don't want to get a loan to buy a house. I don't have a house and I don't have a car, I have no intention to buy a house or car because these things need money to maintain and I do not want to buy liabilities. I plan to build my investments in the stock market. I have stock investment and I would like to continue to build my portfolio. I would have crypto investment and I am also focusing on building my crypto portfolio. I would also like to buy equity in businesses but this s something I find risky because my funds can be at risk if the people who are doing the business do not manage it properly.