Investment What Are Biggest Investment Mistakes You Have Made?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Investing money is considered to be one of the greatest way of making additional money and generating profits. Any kind of business is dependent upon the right kind of investment strategy. you do not necessarily need to run a business in order to become a big investor. You can start investing money into any thing. You could become a stock trader or a cryptocurrency trader and start investing money. you can even invest money into some projects that would help you to gain profits by the passage of time. However, there are many people who make many mistakes when it comes to investing money.

One of the biggest mistake people make is that they tend to invest finance that they might regret losing later. I think that people should never invest such money. Investing money involves using finance that you do not need at all. The other mistake people make is that they do not prepare the right kind of strategy before investing money. Trading or investments of funds require you to create the right sort of business plan in order to become successful. So, what kind of investment mistakes have you made in life that you would never make again?

E

eldavis

The biggest mistake I have made so far was investing in something I knew Notting about. I had no clear understanding of how it works but I invested on it cause I saw others doing it and they where making profit from it. I ended up loosing all that I had invested on the end though.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I really cannot say that it is a mistake when I bought a lot albeit I think real estate is the best investment. However, my mistake in buying that lot is not knowing that the dirt road gets muddy during the rainy season. The soil there is macadam which is very sticky. It was actually inside an underdeveloped village with no cemented roads and no village guard. My father said that it is not a good place to build a home. During that time there were many trees which I liked but at night the place looks risky with the potential appearance of criminal elements.

In the end I had to sell the lot not because of the reasons that I mentioned. My first and I separated so I had to dissolve the conjugal property. Fortunately, I was able to sell the lot with a good price. but that was after 2 years of looking for a buyer.

Rachael

Verified member
The biggest investment mistake I made was investing on HYIP sites and Ponzi schemes where I was oblivious of some facts. I was still very new to earning online and due to the way people boasted of becoming millionaires through making money online, I thought it was that easy so long as you have money to invest I have incurred a lot of losses investing on HYIP and their offers are so attractive but and mind blowing that you might invest without even thinking twice. However, I make use of HYIP monitors but it is unfortunate that they still give me wrong predictions. The biggest challenge I had in such investments was that even when I incur losses, I will still go further to invest all in a bit to recover my losses which still is always futile. Also, in Ponzi schemes, I made a lot of investment and on a scale of one to ten, I only made profit just once before the site crashed. It is indeed saddening that the reputation of HYIP sites and Ponzi schemes has been compromised illegitimately and this has made even the sites that are genuine to be discarded because you never can tell the intentions of the site owners.

Kendy

Verified member
Well, I have made so investments which I regretted but the highest mistake was partnering with someone to purchase a property because of limited unavailable funds. This was about two years ago when I partnered with a friend to buy a piece of land in a sub-rural area, the intention was to use the land for agricultural activities till when we decide to resale it and sit the profits between the both parties. Unfortunately, the investment was a waste both with our time and resources. After purchasing the piece of land and the got the necessary documents, it never dawned on us that we had trespassed because the land was marked and owned by the government. We had planted on it within a space of 6months not until development was ongoing before we realized that the documents were fake and we could not get access to the fake person who claimed to have had ownership of the land. We had to move without compensation and it was a huge and major loss but it was also an eye opener that before purchasing a land, you should conduct a thorough research by inquiring from the neighbourhood and also verifying from lands agencies or geographic information service.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The biggest mistakes that I have made as an investor is, not taking so much time to learn what is really working before taking out my money to invest in any opportunity that I found exciting and really interesting to go into .

This is not just about me, but it is a general mistake that a lot of people are also make it and I feel so bad seeing that so many people are just interested in making money so fast I did not even think about the price to pay in being able to discipline yourself and coming up with the right strategies that will work for you.

Sometimes, we want to use the strategy that is working for other people to see how we can get hold of our selves, and make the same amount of money but the fact still remain that what works for Mr I cannot work for you.

In summary, individuals have to make up their mind to make sure that they acquire as much knowledge as possible and then learn what is working so that they will not end up in a situation that will make them feel bad and regret their actions. This is what I have learnt so far.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The biggest investment mistake that I have ever made is investing in high risk investment sites online. I really regretted this later on after loosing so much money to them. I think the greed to earn much and fast income is what made me invest in them. Nowadays, I steer clear from hyips.

Another mistake that I have ever done was to invest more than I could afford to loose. You know, I invested Money that was meant for my upkeep, buying food and other necessities. I was in campus back then and so I suffered a lot when the investment turned out to be scam as nd I lost my upkeep money.

Another mistake that most of us make when investing is not really taking time to research and study about the investment method. This leads you to investing in a scam platform hence you loose money. Of you could invest in a strategy like forex trading without actually acquiring the skills. This will also lead you to loosing your hard earned money.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Actually I have made some investment mistakes in the past some are just so them are so risky in nature. I allowed my greed power to be cloud my sense of judgement and I regret most of those decision even till this days. Back when I was still into gambling I always thought within myself that life is all about risk, so for that reason every risk I take is worth it this was a very serious error on my part then.

I never really knew how to re- evaluate my decisions and to always look out ways of minimizing risk. Rather I believe in maximizing profit and I believe this is why many people suffer set back j n their various business ventures as sometimes we are not thinking of how a negative business decision can affect us, we are only more focused on what we will gain if the plans work out just right.

For this reason I want us to always take a deeper look at issues and how they will affect rather than looking at just only the positive side. Of of such wrong investment decision I have ever made was to invest in a ponzi scheme back then.

funmi

Verified member
There are indeed several of a them, but there are about three of them that still rings a bell in my head. And those decision really broke my bank account because I invested a lot of cash in them. The first I will like to mention here was the popular one the mmm, those years that the reign of the mmm came into Nigeria I was part of those people who invested large sum of money into the project of providing help and getting help, i nfact the system was working like magic and everyone was becoming financially librated and I wonder why this current government is not always happy when they see that the people are trying to be become financially independent they will always look for ways of trying to them. The idea behind the scheme was fantastic as it appears to bring about financial equity and everyone is beginning to balance up, but with the spread of panic in the system by the government the system got crashed and millions of people lost their funds as people stopped the matrix from moving due to panic otherwise the system would have been in existence till this very day.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Personally, I have made a lot of mistakes while it comes to investment and alas, I have learnt my lessons in my hard ways and I know better now. The following are the common mistakes that young investors do make and if they don't make adjustments, they will lose their money.

Not proper research: this is very common among yiung investors. They always want to make money and do lose focus or see research as not that important. Their main sim is to make money and not really concern about the money they invest with. Their concern is the money they want to make.

Greediness: when I was introduced a particular investment. I knew the implications of greedy while investing, so I invested with just a little amount that I can afford. But as time went on, I started having a little bit of greediness. I started inviting more people and also I started reinvesting my gain on the investment. It was dawned on me when the website crashed.

Another mistake is that people do depend on only one source of investment. There is nothing stopping us from having multiple streams. For the fact that one investment is working for us doesn't mean we cannot try others