Want to Buy Hosting? Remember These Three Tips

Mika

VIP Contributor
These tips are aimed at people who have never purchased hosting and are thinking about purchasing hosting.

While buying hosting, you will have to focus on three important things, price, features, and support.

The price you are paying should be affordable too. A lot of companies offer you an introductory price but the second-year renewal tends to be high.

You need to check what features you are getting, some of the things you need to check are: how many websites can you host with the package, how much diskspace and bandwith you will be getting, will you get a free SSL or have to pay for it. If you are getting it for free, is it free for a lifetime or only for a limited time?

While running sites, if you are new, you will come across problems. And when you encounter problems, your host should be there to assist you. Therefore, you need to check if they offer live support.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I bought a hosting service from namecheap, I choose namecheasp for just one reason that is the hosting fees are comparatively cheaper. If you choose to buy a shared hosting, you can host your website for just $20. However, I did not realize that your hosting fees will increase in the second year. Likewise, I was also entitled to receive free SSL from namecheap only for the first year, from second year I would have to pay for SSL. Well, there is a free SSL service called Let's Encrypt, however, namecheap does not support Let's Encrypt, therefore, if a user wants to use the free SSL, he has to do on his own. When you are buying hosting for the first time, you will have to remember things like this. Check how much is the renewal price, check whether you are getting a free SSL for litefime, check the feature of the service.