Using Open Source Forum Script

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to create a forum, you can try using open source forum scripts such as SMF, phpBB, MyBB, etc. You just need a domain and hosting to use these forum scripts, there is no need to pay for license. You can even get access to a lot of premium quality themes for free. If you need to customize your communities, you can even use mods that are also available for free.

Forum Coin, one of the oldest Paid to Post Forums uses phpBB forum script. Bitcoin Talk, one of the biggest forums, is built on SMF. Therefore, you do not have to worry about using Open Source Forum Scripts.

AfriPeeps Official

You have spoken the truth and I can boldly say it that there's no harm in using open source software for forums. Even though I have seen and heard some people condemn open source software or scripts, I still believe they are a good way to start your journey of forum development. However it is noteworthy that open source forum should not be totally relied on when the project is of a huge capital because of the possibility of being hacked by hackers online... I have heard a bad experience when it comes to hackers, they will have your blog o or website or even forum and divert all your traffic, in fact if funds are included, they will transfer all your funds or your uses funds and thereby bring your project down, so I won't advice you to use an open source software for a big project or any capital related project.