Transportation or Farming business, which one is better?

marcusfe

I'm a young graduate but I've been practising farming for a very long time even while I was in school. I know the nitty gritty of farming based on my wide experience. Now that I've graduated from school, I've decided never to look for job but to venture into my own business. I had a friend telling me that transportation business pays a lot especially if you do it in a congested city. I think I've begun to have a feeling for it but I don't know anything about this business neither do I have any experience in driving.
I don't exactly which business I should stick with , whether I should continue with my farming business or I should try another field which is transportation.

Nicklas22

Wow, I'm very confused on this, both business are very good and can fetch you some good amount of profit everyday
But if I want to choose I will go for transportation business
Transportation business is not an easy business to start because it requires a lot of capital to begin with
And we have commercial transportation and personal business transportation
Commercial transportation are bigger and you to have different numbers of vehicles to convey people from one place to another
Personal transportation is you doing the business yourself
I will definitely go for commercial transportation if I have the necessary knowledge and funds to start with.

Nii41

Both transportation and farming are lucrative businesses that will fetch you alot of money once it succeeds. There are advantages and disadvantages for both. For farming, you can have a case where your crops can wither and die due to certain factors or if your into livestock farming, you may lose your animals. For transportation, people travel everyday, in a case where there is an accident, where no passenger is injured, the car will definitely need repairs which will cost you, some cars or buses can be damaged beyond repair and that will mean replacing them, and also cost of maintenance. The best thing to do is to weigh the disadvantages and decide which one has the lesser risk and go for it.

Josemendez

Verified member
The fact is that both of them are very profitable because there is daily demand for them. People will always have the need to use the transportation , same goes for feeding .

One only need to check his capital ,a d go for the one that he can afford .
As for me , I will prefer the farming business because it can't be affect by pandemic or any sort of lockdown , because people can survive without transportation but not without eating.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Out of farming business and transportation business which one is a lucrative business ? To me I will said both because as farming is good it has is disadvantages and risky some times while transportation also good but disadvantages. The advantage of farming is that you can sell part of the farm product during harvesting period and still feed out of it. But the disadvantage of it is that if you farm in an unsave place cow or pest can eat it up and one will incurred many loss.
Transportation in other hand ,if you see good people to employ as a worker you will be making profit every day and always receive returns. But the disadvantage of it is that when there is no market or accident occurs then there will be a great loss and the company might likely close down.

D

Deleted member 27583

I'm a young graduate but I've been practising farming for a very long time even while I was in school. I know the nitty gritty of farming based on my wide experience. Now that I've graduated from school, I've decided never to look for job but to venture into my own business. I had a friend telling me that transportation business pays a lot especially if you do it in a congested city. I think I've begun to have a feeling for it but I don't know anything about this business neither do I have any experience in driving.
I don't exactly which business I should stick with , whether I should continue with my farming business or I should try another field which is transportation.
Truly transport business is more profitable over here on the island ,but I would prefer you to do the modern way of transportation,I mean if you are well bless with some cash I mean money you should go get your self a very clean car with all working well in it most especially the AC condition shud be in 100% . So once you get that you download transportation app we have two type of the app over here in my country now and I think it is also there means of transportation as well in abroad. So once you get the apps downloaded on your smart phone that's all and you must be in an urban area where people use it as means of going out either occasionally or to work place ..I bet you at the end of the month you will always smile when you receive your bank alert ..

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I prefer farming because transportation is very risky and money consuming. It is hardly a car doesn't develop a fault in a week. Besides that, there are many levies required to be paid by a transporter in my country which makes the business less profitable. And finally, accident can occur and damage the car if not even claim the life of the driver. But farming doesnt have a serious effect like that. Although it takes time to pay off but it will surely pay off in the long run. With all these, I prefer farming to transportation.

Ralphjoe

Road transportation and farming business are very profitable businesses. They are trending investment that anyone can venture into but I would advise you to focus on your farming business that you are already familiar with because you going into the city to learn transportation business that will take you another years for you to learn will be enough for you to make a lots of profit on your farming business. So it is paramount for you to focus on your farming business.

Ummigal

Well, both of them are very lucrative in their own right. One of the major advantages transportation businesses over farming is that, you make money everyday as a driver when you go out, especially on weekends. But in agriculture, you have to wait till your crops have been harvested and sold before you can start making real profits. So, you have to wait until your crops are martyred before making money out of them. And you might still need to pay laborers to assist you in farming when the farm is quite large. But, as a driver, you don't need an assistant to share your daily profit with.

Segshowee

I would advise you go for farming since you are vast in farming. Transportation business is highly lucrative but very risky. Go for farming, once you gain ground and wants to diversify then you can consider transportation business.

Jonaville

Transportation business is not a bad idea but I will advise you to go for the business that you already know its in and out. you've been in the family business for some years now, so it is safe to say that
have lot of experience on it. Therefore, it will be better if you continue in your family line and try to see if you can integrate your educational knowledge into the farming so as to commercialize it to yield more efficiency and profit for you.
Why venture into an unfamiliar business when a familiar one is waiting for you?

Olajidey

Am also experience farmer and I know what I will choose without having the second thought, definitely is going to choose the transport business, I will list the reasons for choosing transport before you start making money on farming you have to spend a month which is if you plant crops that germinate and reach maturity within 30 days and we have some that spend 3 months before germination, but transportation business is not like that you start making money the very first day you engage doing the business.

Maks25

Business opportunities abound in agricultural commodity processing. You can process sheanut to crude sheabutter and even further to refined sheabutter. There is already market for processed sheabutter in Nigeria and European countries.The raw material is sheanut and it is abundant in states of Kwara, Niger, Oyo and Kebbi states. Locating your production plant closer to the shea states will be a comparative advantage. Return on investment is over 80%. Extraction rate is about 34%. Note that one(1) Metric ton of sheanut(raw material) goes for N60,000 while crude processed sheabutter is N300,000 per ton. Investing in shea processing business either in small scale, medium or large scale will not just be very profitable but a wise investment.

leejay

Now that I've graduated from school, I've decided never to look for job but to venture into my own business. I had a friend telling me that transportation business pays a lot especially if you do it in a congested city. I think I've begun to have a feeling for it but I don't know anything about this business neither do I have any experience in driving.