Traffic Requirement to Get Paid Through Blogging

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Starting a blog is just putting armour for the battle, generating traffic is the real battle. You will win the battle only when you generate revenue. Sadly, a lot of people start expecting a lot of money as soon as they start a blog. Blogging does not work that way. You can start earning from your posts as soon as you start posting on forums, however, in order to earn from your blogs, you need to build traffic and engagement on your ads or monetization methods.

If you want to Get Paid Through Blogging, you must be able to bring traffic. However, a new blogger is always confused on how many views a blog need to generate in order to make money?

You can use Adsense or Amazon Ads with zero traffic on your site. However, in order to earn from these ads you need substantial amount of traffic. What exactly is “substantial amount”? In terms of number, let’s say 1000 daily visit can be a starting point. However, you should not focus on number, you should also focus on traffic source.

If you ask you 100 Facebook friends to visit 10 pages on your blog, you can have 1000 visits but your earning will be zero. You need visitors from organic searches.

Blogging pays, however, before you can make money from your blog, you will have to work hard on building traffic, Traffic can be basically generated through two methods, one, by ranking your website no search engines, which is possible only through SEO, and two, by marketing your blog. You can market your blog through different methods, and some of these methods are free, while other costs money. The free marketing method works only when you have built a huge audience. For example, promoting on social media is free, however, you can generate traffic from social media only when you have huge followers. Interestingly, you can build huge followers only when you spend money to advertise your page. So, basically, the free method is also not free in the true sense. You might not be able to make money even when you have 1000 views because earning depends on ad engagement

I have a little experience of blogging when I had my first ever blog though I didn't look to make money but to share my thoughts with teenagers but I couldn't continue because I was finding it difficult to attract the needed traffic. it is never easy to keep the traffic because people have very short span of interest

So I agree with you to make good money off blogging you need to have a good amount of traffic every day To get the 1000 viewed you are talking about daily it isn't an eddy fest at all but I think being consistent would pay off.

The thing is that it is good to know from the words go that it isn't easy to quickly make money off blogging. When one is starting out one need to realise that it will take time to start making money off it but the thing is that one should just be consistent to make money.