Tips to Generate eBook Sales With Paid Advertising

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
eBooks selling is one of the best ways to make money online, however, when you try this method you will find that it is not easy to generate sales. When there is no sale, you don’t make money. So, what options you have?

Generally speaking, you can generate your ebook sales through the following methods

SEO

Marketing

Advertising

SEO is really difficult. When you start marketing you discover that your skills are not enough. Therefore, you have the third option left. So, how do you run ads to generate sales?

You can run ads on the platform where you have published your ebook. For instance, if you published on Amazon KDP, you can run ads on Amazon. You can also run ads on external platform. For example, you can run ads for your ebooks on Facebook or Google Adwords.

If you ask me, I will suggest you try the platform where you have published your ebook. That’s because when your book is recommended to the visitors, they might end up buying it. However, when people see your ebook ads on facebook or Google, they might not be interested in clicking the link to reach your book listing page.

A lot of care should be given while targeting audience. You should target your ad based on interest.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have used facebook ads to advertise my Amazon books. I had a very low conversion. People were interacting with my ads, they were leaving comments and even liking my posts but very few people actually bothered to click the link and check the ebook. Those who clicked on the links did not even consider buying the books. I had very low sales, I barely recovered my ad budget. If you want to generate sales with paid ads, try to advertise on the same platform where your ebook is published. If you have published on Amazon, run ads on Amazon.