Tips for purchasing goods from Jiji

Kidi

Verified member
Jiji is one of the best online market place have ever come across today, some weeks ago i ordered a pair of singlet from jiji, they had to drive all the way from lagos to Akwa Ibom to deliver the goods, i was doubt that they are among the scammers but i was shock when one of thier driver deliver the singlet i order in my doorstep, so before purchasing goods from Jiji consider the following step.

Research the product: Before making a purchase, research the product to be sure that it meets your needs and that you are getting a fair price. You can compare prices on Jiji or other online marketplaces to get an idea of the market value

Research the seller: Before making a purchase, take some time to research the seller. Look for reviews from other buyers, check the seller's profile, and see if they have any verified badges on their account.

Check for counterfeit goods: Unfortunately, there are sellers on Jiji who may try to sell counterfeit or fake goods. Be wary of deals that seem too good to be true or products that are priced significantly lower than their market value. Look for signs of authenticity, such as brand logos, packaging, and warranties

Negotiate the price: Many sellers on Jiji are open to negotiating the price. Don't be afraid to make an offer and see if you can get a better deal.

Use a safe payment method: Jiji offers different payment methods, but it is recommended to use a secure method such as JijiPay or Pay on Delivery (POD).

Inspect the product before paying: If you choose to use POD, inspect the product carefully before paying. Ensure it matches the description provided by the seller and is in good condition.

Keep records of the transaction: Keep records of all communication with the seller, including receipts, invoices, and delivery notes, in case of any disputes or issues that may arise.

Be aware of delivery times and fees: Check the delivery times and fees before making a purchase, especially if you need the item by a certain date. Some sellers may offer free or discounted delivery, while others may charge a fee based on the location.

Leave feedback: After completing the transaction, leave feedback for the seller to help other buyers make informed decisions. If you had a positive experience, let others know. If there were any issues, be honest and constructive in your feedback.

purchasing goods from Jiji can be a convenient and cost-effective way to shop online. By following these tips, you can reduce the risks and ensure a smooth and successful transaction.