These Interesting Things About Meditation Will Keep You Away From Drugs

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you are currently fighting a war with your mind, you aren't alone. The stresses of everyday life can cause anxiety, fear, and even depression, and these feelings can lead to other health issues. The good news is that meditation can help you regain control of your life.

The practice of meditation has been around for thousands of years and is practiced in many religions, including Buddhism. It involves sitting quietly while focusing on something positive—it could be your breath or a mantra—and clearing all other thoughts from your head. It's important to note that there is no one correct way to meditate; the goal is to find what helps you focus your thoughts and clear your mind.

There are some studies that support the benefits of meditation: People who meditate have lower heart rate and blood pressure, are less likely to suffer from depression or anxiety, better able to concentrate and focus, more focused on the present moment rather than the future or past, have stronger immune systems, and have more gray matter in their brains (which may help prevent Alzheimer's disease).

For most people, it takes about 20 minutes a day for three weeks straight for meditation to begin affecting you. If you stick with it after those three weeks, you will see improvement.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this topic because meditation is an exercise of the mind. It does not only make your mind stronger but you have more control of yourself. With addiction, I believe that meditation can be a big help especially if the patient is willing to try it. However, I have not learned the proper exercise of meditation although what I do is to concentrate on what I want. Many were surprised when I quit smoking after 30 years of being addicted to cigarettes. There was a sudden pain in my stomach that I had difficulty in breathing. Take note, it was the stomach and not the chest. What I did was to meditate and to talk to God that I promised to stop smoking if I would continue to live. All the while I thought it was heart attack.

After an hour when the pain in my stomach lightened up I realized that I would live so I have to fulfill my part of the bargain. That was the last day that I had a smoke and that was more than 10 years ago. Thanks to my resolve and, of course, to my faith that I had to fulfill my promise. There was no side effect when I quit.

Cynthia Moran

In the present days, people are more involved in prescription drugs. This is because they are struggling to get out of their stressful life. Meditation has a lot of mental as well as physical benefits. It not only impacts your physical body but also your brain. It helps you stay away from any kind of addiction. We all know how beneficial meditation can be. It has many health benefits; it improves your concentration, and mood, and reduces stress and anxiety. Moreover, it helps clear your mind which prevents you from falling victim to addiction. Or you can also visit a therapy center like RoyalVibe Health. The staff and the doctors are very helpful and professional, they'll also give you the best examples of meditation.