The thought of crypto replacing physical money.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
It can be accurate to say that cryptocurrency is superior to the physical cash that you can I use today to purchase our needs and wants. But we should not forget that cryptocurrency itself cannot do without physical money and in fact for an individual to take position of his or her cryptocurrency tokens he or she must definitely confirm them to cash either via any cryptocurrency exchange or whatever strategy at all. Personally I do not believe that cryptocurrency one day will replace the physical money that you want I use today and the reason is because, we have in our midst individuals especially aged ones who are quite not conversant with the transaction as well as the receiver of cryptocurrency, in most cases they do not even have an idea of what cryptocurrency is talkless of how it works. Below are more detailed reasons why I don't believe that cryptocurrency will replace the physical money, you and I use to basically satisfy our needs and wants.

LACK OF WIDESPREAD ACCEPTANCE: Cryptocurrencies are not widely accepted as a means of payment in most countries. Physical money, on the other hand, is recognized and accepted everywhere.

TECHNICAL BARRIERS: Cryptocurrencies require a high level of technical know-how to use and store. This creates a barrier for many people, especially those who are not tech-savvy.

REGULATION: Cryptocurrencies are still largely unregulated, which makes them vulnerable to fraud, scams, and other criminal activities. Physical money, on the other hand, is backed by governments and central banks, which provide a level of security and stability.

It can be accurate to say that cryptocurrency is superior to the physical cash that you can I use today to purchase our needs and wants. But we should not forget that cryptocurrency itself cannot do without physical money and in fact for an individual to take position of his or her cryptocurrency tokens he or she must definitely confirm them to cash either via any cryptocurrency exchange or whatever strategy at all. Personally I do not believe that cryptocurrency one day will replace the physical money that you want I use today and the reason is because, we have in our midst individuals especially aged ones who are quite not conversant with the transaction as well as the receiver of cryptocurrency, in most cases they do not even have an idea of what cryptocurrency is talkless of how it works. Below are more detailed reasons why I don't believe that cryptocurrency will replace the physical money, you and I use to basically satisfy our needs and wants.

LACK OF WIDESPREAD ACCEPTANCE: Cryptocurrencies are not widely accepted as a means of payment in most countries. Physical money, on the other hand, is recognized and accepted everywhere.

TECHNICAL BARRIERS: Cryptocurrencies require a high level of technical know-how to use and store. This creates a barrier for many people, especially those who are not tech-savvy.

REGULATION: Cryptocurrencies are still largely unregulated, which makes them vulnerable to fraud, scams, and other criminal activities. Physical money, on the other hand, is backed by governments and central banks, which provide a level of security and stability.
While some people believe that cryptocurrency could one day replace physical money, it's hard to say for sure. Cryptocurrency is still a relatively new technology, and it faces a lot of challenges before it can become widely accepted as a replacement for physical money. So, while it's possible, it's not a sure thing.

PolySteam

Regulation doesn't nessarily mean safety. You can be robbed of your physical money at gun point for example. Noone wants that. With something digital it's safer since you are not carrying lots of money with you which makes you a target in the first place. I also don't think you need to be tech savvy. If you know how to send an email then you know how to send crypto. Like everything in life if you play to invest time or money into something you should make sure you understand how it works and the risks. In an ever increasing digital world it makes no sense to use physical currency.

Suba

Staff member
I think the term crypto replacing physical money is not quite right, it would be better if we use the term crypto to be recognized as legal tender. As in El Salvador, cryptocurrencies have not replaced the USD which has long been used as a medium of exchange, and until recently in El Salvador you could buy anything with USD. it's not just crypto, and every store has the right to refuse to accept crypto payments, this is also true in Panama and Paraguay.

Currency is also one of the identities of a country, which cannot be replaced with another. So just by mentioning a currency we can know which country it is like Naira, IDR, Yen, Rupee, Yuan etc.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
there gave been speculations about this for a very long time but the truth is, it will be hard for crypto to replace physical money in the short term, a country has to be able to control the money that goes in and out of it, with crypto everything is decentralized, it will be kind of hard to control, money laundering, corruption and fraud will be the order of the day, because with crypto, no one can trace you and prosecute.

It is also government's work to protect it's citizen from any kind of threat, if the government cannot protect it's citizens from all of these crimes is it really a government, by adopting crypto as a legal tender, central banks will outlive their purposes and economic freedom will become a reality and I do not ever think government will accept that, which by design it is meant to control. It will be crazy to think they will give it up.

Ebram kamal

You raise valid points about the challenges of cryptocurrency replacing physical money. While cryptocurrency has its advantages, such as being decentralized and secure, it still faces significant hurdles before it can completely replace physical cash.

One of the main challenges is adoption. As you mentioned, there are individuals who are not familiar with cryptocurrency and may not be comfortable using it. This includes not only older generations but also those who may not have access to the necessary technology or infrastructure to use cryptocurrency.

Another challenge is stability. Cryptocurrencies are known for their volatility, which can be a deterrent for those who prefer stability and predictability