The story of a private school teacher in Nigeria.

Etini

Valued Contributor
In Nigeria, there are a lot of private schools. The education sector is open to private individuals. Owing to this, the future of education in Nigeria is very bleak. These private schools work their teachers like horses. A teacher in a typical private school in Nigeria has to teach at least 3 subjects across the whole school. And you as a teacher had no right
to fail a student.

Naija we go again

arunima25

Verified member
Oh! That doesn't sound good. Education sector in many developing and underdeveloped countries is in a pathetic situation. And a lot needs to be done. Teachers need to be respected and given some bit of freedom. If they don't enjoy their work, they might not feel good about working as a teacher and would not do justice to the job

Fahad113

The best way to gather data from customers is to ask them directly. With a well-crafted strategy, it is possible to do it through surveys. The use of surveys can help companies collect information to create strategies and keep their workers and customers happy, seeking solutions based on the results obtained . lets do it.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Oh! That doesn't sound good. Education sector in many developing and underdeveloped countries is in a pathetic situation. And a lot needs to be done. Teachers need to be respected and given some bit of freedom. If they don't enjoy their work, they might not feel good about working as a teacher and would not do justice to the job
so many people I know are teaching presently, and to tell you the very truth, they tell me categorically that they don't have the interest of the children at heart. They say they are just there for the small pay they get at the end of every month. When it gets to this level, we know that the future is very bleak. In developing countries, private schools have bastardized the entire educational sector with their capitalistic tendencies. They are profit-oriented. They are not service oriented.

I heard that teaching is a noble profession but that is not the case in developing countries. The sad part of it is that people don't care. No one is saying anything. How can a teacher be efficient when he studied Science Education for instance? And he is told to teach his core, which is Basic Science as a subject. Then he also has to teach Civic Education which is a pure art subject. All because the owner of the school doesn't want to employ an additional teacher.

E

eldavis

I believe there is a problem generally in the Nigerian schooling sector. The issue of not being allowed to fail the students not only happens in private schools, but also some public or government schools as some would call them. Though it is also true that most private school teachers are made to handle more subjects than they are paid for, but there are also government schools where the students do not know the where about of their teachers, which means most of the times they go to school, there is no one to impact knowledge on them. So i believe the Nigerian schooling system in general needs serious attention.

ortodont

When it gets to this level, we know that the future is very bleak. In developing countries, private schools have bastardized the entire educational sector with their capitalistic tendencies.

Sanjee

Oh, that's not good. The government of any country should understand the importance of teachers. They help build the future of a nation so they should be given respect. Here in India, the teachers of private schools are treated well, they have good salaries. Yes, they are asked to work hard but they are paid for that hard work. Here too the teachers are not allowed to fail students till primary school, I think till 8th grade, but I find this system fine. Why do you think it's not a good system? What's your interest in failing the students in the exams?