The Selfish Freelance Writer: Get Paid for It

Ganibade

Verified member
Paid writing is referred to as freelance writing. You write what the customer wants (publisher, magazine, business) and get paid. However, the rise of Web writing has changed everything.

The Internet has created a vast, limitless market for freelance writers. And the beauty of Web writing is that you can be a selfish writer. You can write about whatever interests you, and if the topic piques the interest of others, you can be compensated for your efforts. Web writing is suitable for both beginning and experienced writers.

Web Writing for New Writers: Make Money from Your Passions

The Web is profitable for beginning writers because it is built on words. You can get paid to write for the if you can write a sentence.
Articles are the most accessible form of content for new Web writers. There is a high demand for articles online, and that demand will only increase as Web sites struggle to gain visibility - the more content a site has, the more presence it has.

Websites purchase article content in packages ranging from five to one hundred articles. Prices differ. It is your responsibility to find out what the going rates are. Here's a pro tip: don't be too eager to sell your writing for a low price on out-sourcing sites. Article content is valuable, and you can make more money by selling it on your own website.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Articles are truly the most accessible content online. Whenever you search for anything online, you get redirected to so many articles and tutorials. It is up to you to choose which one to read.

If you love reading, then probably there is a part of your that loves writing too. Personally, I also find that I get so much pressure to share with others what I have learnt or experienced, that is why I love writing.

I love the concept brought about by this thread about being a selfish writer. Meaning you write about that which you are passionate about and people who find value in it will pay you for it. It is great that there is always a market out there for great writings.

As a writer who writes from a place of passion and not just as a way to finish assignments and get paid, you get so many earning methods. It could be earning from your own blog, freelancing or starting paid courses.