The right time to switch a career

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Life is for the living and you don't have to go through it dauntingly when you can do something to spice it up. Even your career shouldn't stand in the way of getting the very best for your life. If your career isn't working again for you then you can give it the change its needs.

So how do you know it is time to switch your career. it isn't just working for you. Look at the below points.

1. You have mentally checked out of the career path, you are no longer connected to the job at hand. it might just be time to switch up things.

2. it feels you are on autopilot now. This is to say you are not making the needed impact for the career path you had chosen any longer. then you might just need to change your career

3. You are seeing a huge salary at the end of the day but you still sigh and doesn't seems satisfied. it isn't about the money any longer, you don't feel the career any longer then it might just be time to move

4.The most outstanding one is that you dread going to work and meeting colleagues that are talking or doing activities pertaining to the career. you can't just force it because you might not get things right. You might just need to switch up your career.

What's your thought?

The truth of the matter is that finding a job is pretty hard. I do not know about other places but here in my current location, if you can find a jobs that pays then you are lucky. This fact has made alot of persons go for jobs they hate or have no passion for, all they are after is how to meet up with the various responsibilities and expenses they have at hand.

Most time, I do feel that do we need to be switching our job because we are fed up? Then there is much probability that a worker may change his job timeless number because we do fed up with a particular job on a long run easily.

I think the best thing to do when we are fed up jin is instead of changing the job, we can change the tactic that we do use to approach the job.

What if the salary is small? Salary will not be enough for us as we keep on advancing. Someone that's has been wishing for $600 as salary will still be fed up wehn there is responsibilities that is more this salary. What to do then? We need to find other sources of making money other than our salary job instead of thinking quiting.

People take their career as important as they take their lives, well are we going to blame them for this stand point the answer is absolute no, even though I do not support the idea of people handling their jobs like their lives because I believe life goes beyond the type of Job you do and the kind of house or car you live in or use. In fact live has nothing to do with your standard of living. This is not to say I do not understand why people attach somuch importance to their jobs, well the reasons are not far fetched, first we understand that humans has three basic needs which are food, shelter, and clothing and a career helps to cover all the bills to give you those three basic need.

So I believe that when we are all trying to chose a career path we always go for the best that can satisfy our needs mostly the basic ones. But by the time the job can no longer handle those needs it is best we withdraw from such a kind of job to abiod borrowing to meet up.

Again if our job doesn't give us happiness please it is better to change it.

No one like to waste his or her time on something that is unproductive, this is always the case when it comes to changing occupation or career . People change their careers as a result of not being comfortable , not being satisfied , or not being fully acquainted with the type of work they currently run or operate . Sometimes people who are working under someone as an employee resign or switch to another career as a result of the mal treatment the end from the employer. Most managers boss is an employer Lord it over themselves thereby treating their subordinates harshly , rudely and unjustly etc . Forgetting the fact that it brings bad reputation and exposing of confidential secrets as well as information about the company from employees to the outside world.

People who are self-employed in other words running a sole proprietorship business switch to another line of business when they notice that their current business isn't working or giving them the kind of profit they intended it to give , in most cases this could be as a result of poor market research , poor market location and environment etc thereby having no other choice than to change their current business or move entirely to another location.

Most of those wanting to shift to another career should think it over and over because sometimes when the job is very stressful the impression is that all jobs in his career is like that. A cousin who works as engineer in a foreign construction company got fed up that he resigned and had planned to move on to another career (he was 23 at that time). But his father had persuaded him to find another job as an engineer (he has a diploma in civil engineering. In the course of time, he earned good money in a local job and later on got a high position and some shares of stocks in the company. After being vice president of a big construction company for years he is now the president. Of course, he got rich in that job. What if he moved on to become a veterinarian?

I don't like running from one job to another, unless something detestable occurs frequently which isn't pleasing to me at all. I love to be concentrated where I am earning more and where my input is valued. If it comes that, my input isn't valued anymore, I don't see any reason why I should hang on to such kind of job. I will definitely resign for sure and move on to another side where I'll be valued and where the heart will be at rest too. If I see that I no longer have passion for what I do in life, which will come in the later stages of my career. Then, I'll know that is sign of old age, I'll simply take my time out and how out from every activities that is stressful in my life and focus deeply on domestic jobs which I can accomplish at ease without stress at all.

There are times when you feel that you are no longer happy in your chosen career. It could be that you have spent years or decades on the job that it no longer challenges you or inspires you to wake up early and go to work. Deciding that it is time to shift to a new career because certain feelings and conditions exist may not be the solution at all. With the economic difficulties and shortage of jobs nowadays, it could be more beneficial and practical to reflect on the reasons and conditions that are making you unhappy and dissatisfied with your career.

Some people who think they need a career change may just be in need of some events and activities to perk up a dull and routine job. They can break the monotony by doing something different on weekends. These can include enrolling in post-graduate courses, learning new crafts, doing charitable activities, working out, or simply traveling out of town with family or friends. It's quite possible that dullness in other aspects of life is just spilling over to one's career and that a check on the work-life balance meter is called for.

If you feel that you have outgrown the job, you can try discussing with the immediate superior the possibilities of performing a new role or enriching the current job with new and higher-level responsibilities that will challenge the professional in you.​