The reasons I discourage making money via survey sites.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Somehow I feel that making money via survey websites should be exempted as a way an individual can make money online, and that is because in my years of making money via survey websites I see no good and nothing rewarding about it. So their website particularly are mostly scamming and fraudulent in the activities and duties towards their members and users. To be more clear and elaborate below are some of the reasons why I discourage making money via survey websites.

Waste of time: in my view and perspective so that website are totally a waste of time, and that is because a particular individual is more likely to spend more than 30 minutes filling out a particular survey and yet he or she get paid few cents of Dollars which totally does not worth his or her time spent in filling out the surveys.

Low paying: No individual can make money on survey website today and stand a chance to buy a car or a brand new house the following day all the next week to come and that is because so their websites are generally low paying and that definitely makes them discouraging.

Delayed payouts: it is either your payments from survey websites are delayed or hanged in transit. One thing is for sure about survey websites withdrawal systems, which is literally the fact that their payout are always delayed to get to their users and members. Many have proven that survey websites do pay them, but in my own case I have never for once earn a single reward from any survey website even if I might have placed a withdrawal on several occasions.

Heartstrings

I do see survey sites on the net but I paid no much attention to it,but I know some people do make money from it though. I once participated on a survey site early this year and it was a total waste of time and data, I wasn't paid a dime, I actually waited for a week still expecting the money but it never comes.

Truly their paying is low,compared to the data and time you spent online. I have never seen anyone who boast or encourage others to consider making money via survey because they have actually earned alot from it. Recently I saw an advert about survey online,I just save the other because I have promised myself not to waste my time and day on surveys again, except i am convinced it's a very legit ones. I am not a fan of survey sites and I would never be.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Survey sites actually work for people that live in a developed country where product metrics are measured by consumers and also manufacturers can learn what they should improve on.

And If you're from a developed country the amount is a bit large, because I remember on reddit I was once on a r/BeerMoney and a lot of people posted how much they made in a month and the money were running in mid 100's an di think it's cool to earn such just by giving your opinions on stuffs you use daily.

But if you live in less developed country, then it won't work, because manufacturers just make an estimate and produce what we consume on a scale, besides most of the things we consume are imported.

So there is no point to be doing any type of surveys, the people that should be doing the surveys are those who import those consumables but they don't care.

Finger Geek

Verified member
That might be true. But I will like to say that there are some survey websites that has survey that are available for some small countries especially Africa. Since I joined afrisight and mobiworkx, I have been receiving surveys and getting paid for them. On the two websites, I have earned more than $100 and I still have a total of more than $9 balance in the two accounts that I can withdraw anytime that I like. The good thing about this websites is that they are paying more than the normal ones that we know about.

cashisking149

I've been doing user testing and they have been paying me well. Once you get over the fact that you won't qualify for 95% of the tests, the ones you do get will, over time, pay half decent for a side hustle. Over the last 3 months I've done $628 with them so a tiny bit over $200 a month average. My wife has been doing it slightly less time but has still cleared just around $500 so about the same rate of earning as me. If you stop bothering because you don't get through 95% of the screeners you will miss out. Simple as that.

Activator230822

Verified member
You are very right on your research about online earning through doing of surveys. I too second you that most survey sites are a waste of time to many online earners. This is because they are very slow at earning with low pay rates. Some survey sites do partnership with what they call third party clients whereby they barely pay users what they promise to pay.
On top of that most survey sites are very selective on who they are supposed to answer the surveys. They wouldn't pay a dime for your time even if they get screen you out for completing almost three quarters of a survey.
I would not engage in any survey site neither would I recommend any survey site to a friend despite of them promising to pay decently.
However there are fairly good and well paying survey sites for the people living in Us, Canada and other selected countries that can earn a living through surveys.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
The survey you are talking about are specific one. BitLabs is limited to few number of countries. CPX Research do chargebacks after paying the money as giving survey time and answers for free which seems to me not something funny to waste half and then get money then getting debited after a while. Do surveys on OfferToro requires a lot of time like install game and reach the level 100 in a few days means you will overplay than casual and then waste a lot of hours playing for just 0,5 $ or 2 $ reward which the reward doesn't compensate the playing. ClixWall is based on PTC ads.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Survey sites are basically a waste of precious time when you are living in a third world country, they were not created for people living in those countries, companies are the ones funding survey sites and the reason they carry out survey is to get feedback from their customers on to gauge their experience while using their products and also to get data about users so that when they are running campaigns they will know who to target easily.

In most developed they do not even have a standard malls or shopping complex around the country, what we have is just some regional supermarkets that are franchised, so survey over there is totally pointless and that is why we get rejected because we are not adding any value to their research, I have been there before, it is just a waste time and empty promise.

But I believe with time, developing countries are going to have their own surveys.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The OP presented many pints why it might be a complete waste of time when it comes to participating in surveys. Well, there are many reason why paid surveys could be a big waste of time.

1) Paid Surveys Are Not Accepted In All The Construes

This is one of the biggest reasons. There are many countries where you simply cannot make money by participating in paid surreys. You must belong to tier 1 countries. This is because survey sites send surveys to those countries only for their marketing campaigns and advertisement strategy.

2) Paid Surveys Do Not Make Money For Everyone

Even if you reside in a developed country, then there are still many chances that you might not make enough money at all. The fact of the matter is that they do not accept all the people as the campagin of the survey might be related to some particular individual only.

3) Low Paying Rates

There are many people who participate in surveys and they have reported earning a few cents. This might not e a good news for people who want to generate passive income. There are a few people who do make good money, but this might be exception.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I too am not interested in survey sites anymore; I used to earn from those sites, but from nowhere problems appeared and they stopped paying. I have mentioned here.

Clixsense was my first survey site (of course, it was PTC turned to GPT), and there were often surveys available. As I mentioned, those survey sites stopped paying, but I still tried other sites and apps and found they were not paying.

There are well-legit sites that have different ways to earn; they do pay; some even pay automatically; but when it comes to surveys, they either don't pay or don't give you surveys.

I think not giving us any survey is better than giving us such a survey, which would throw you out and waste your efforts. Moreover, if surveys cost you more time and pay you very little, you should avoid them (I intentionally do not take lengthy surveys with low rewards).