The Place Of Delegation In Business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Delegation is one of the best features of a good business manager. This has to do with entrusting and distributing work to other. This action comes with good benefits that grow a business. See the benefits below:

• The first benefit is that it helps the workers feels important and be responsible for their decision. So they help grow the business without overtly control
  • This action helps staff or employee stay motivated since they believe they need to show them responsible to handle tasks assigned to them
  • It helps to bring diversity in decision making, which will ultimately work in the positives for the growth of the business.
What experience do you have with delegation in business?

Josemendez

Verified member
I have never given out nor received delegation in any business ,but have had experience with it in a task I was assigned by an organization .

Being away of the importance of delegation in the success of any task , I shared the committee into groups and then assigned responsibilities to each group and with that we were able to achieve the task perfectly.

Delegation in business is very effective , especially in places where there is many tasks to be done before the product or service can be rendered . it helps to know who to be held accountable in terms of failure to complete a task.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Delegation is the best part with businesses. Here, in India if I talk people rely on pensions they get at old age or after retirement for the people who were involved in Government Job. Here, government job means a lot to people, especially to people who are middle-class like me and the poor ones. But, this pension I have never liked in India as it ruins the property and money of the country.

Business delegation on the other way is the same where a person can earn for his work delegating work to different people, but it causes profits to the nation in some way as the other managers who come after the person who delegated will work on those principles and make profits. So, here experience sharing is helpful.

Ralphjoe

In my former workplace, I had the privilege of being the head of my department, this company was designed with delegation in mind, all the position in the company comes with some sort of delegation or the other. My duties in this organization has to do with coordinating the task of my department to achieve our set goals and objectives.

For the singular reason that I am mostly not around as I travel alot on business or the company sponsored trips, it is always my responsibility to delegate my duties to each and every team member in my department, I spell out what everyone's job is, and at the end, when I return from my trip, each employee gives me an account of how they carried out the assignment that I gave them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have never given out nor received delegation in any business ,but have had experience with it in a task I was assigned by an organization .

Being away of the importance of delegation in the success of any task , I shared the committee into groups and then assigned responsibilities to each group and with that we were able to achieve the task perfectly.

Delegation in business is very effective , especially in places where there is many tasks to be done before the product or service can be rendered . it helps to know who to be held accountable in terms of failure to complete a task.
Yeah the key word here is accountability. I think it would always be progressive more for a company of many workers to have people that they can hold accountable for each task. This will make each person sit up to get the work done because each knows that the work undone will rest on them till it is completed. This will boost productivity and help both the manager and other staff not to be over stressed. Even the working condition for the workers will be more comfortable too

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that a good manager is not one who knows all the work and can do all the work in the operations. A good manager is one who knows how to delegate the work. One best example is a team coach who delegates the tasks to his players. In basketball the coach knows the positions of a guard, forward and center but his job is not to play but to delegate the plays to his players. In managing operations the manager is tasked to do observations on the flow of work and how the staff are doing. He can be adjusting the tasks of each worker depending on his observation.

Donkiz

One of the attributes of a good manager is the ability to determine which of the staff is can handle a particular task effectively, if the manager cannot determine this, he or she might not be able to delegate responsibility effectively.

Although delegating responsibilities comes with many advantages like encouraging staff use their ideas and initiatives to produce results, helping them to grow by taking care of mini projects and decisions, it equally comes with few disadvantages.

One of the disadvantages of delegating responsibilities is the issue of unconscious favoritism, in every organization there are always some people that are always good in handling different tasks with little or no supervision, while there are others that you need to babysit before they can get anything done.

Now when it comes to delegating responsibilities, the manager first choice will be the staff with proven track record of handling things well, while the other set of staff that are deemed not good enough to handle things on their own will feel left, thereby causing some rift between staff of the organization.