The pandemic closed so many businesses

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It is sad to note that so many businesses have closed due to the pandemic. Most of the victims are restaurants and eateries, bars, gyms and spas. In our village alone all the spas and restaurants have closed permanently that in the small commercial center by the village gate there are many vacant store and restaurant spaces.

If you are the manager of a restaurant that has no more revenue would you just close shop to avoid losses or would you fight with the situation? My take on closure is surrender. There are some restaurants in the next village which are still open. One owner said that they have made some changes like the efficient and quick delivery system. They also accept online orders. In a matter of 2 months their sales have come back to the normal level. Food orders for delivery has changed the landscape of restaurants and I think they can survive in the pandemic era.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The effect then lockdown can not be forgotten in a hurry. It turns some business owners to poor men because they lost all what they have. The only sector that was spared during the lockdown was the online business. The sector thrived which made people opened to various PTC websites and other online platforms that generate money.

funmi

Verified member
The corona virus really affected the businesses in my country, to a point that some of them are still crawling up till now despite all the so called financial intervention the government claims to be trying to put in place to absorb the shocks of the system, but the the system has found it very difficult to recover. Even me personally it affected my education and my business aswel.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This pandemic really closes many businesses in the country and many people were also sacked because their job is no more needed in the company.
It is a sad event and in planned for accident that rock so many people and render them useless . I can see many student dropping out of school because of the lack of job of their parent. This pandemic really cause havoc to many businesses.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, the coronavirus pandemic affected the lot of businesses around the world and affected a lot of economics in the world. The time came where even the strongest economies we are bleeding and looking for ways to prove our solution for the coronavirus pandemic in order to recover their economic status. It of course affected every country of the world.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The lockdown has been lifted but the businesses that closed have no desire to open again. In fact, the small business are hit hard that in the main road of our village about 20% of the commercial establishments have permanently closed. They do not want to pay rent when the business is closed. And I have to agree with them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Pandemic closed so many businesses, the hardest-hit businesses are restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, etc. Soe restaurants tried to operate online but since everyone was staying at home, and eating home-cooked food, the restaurants failed to do business. Since people stopped traveling, hotels, travel agencies ran out of business during the pandemic.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, those that introduced the idea of delivering food to their customers in various places are the ones surviving the scare of covid19. At least their restaurant or frozen food business is still serving and going steady during this covid19 strain time. Here in my country most businesses have resumed full-time, cos the severity of the disease is zero.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Yes, those that introduced the idea of delivering food to their customers in various places are the ones surviving the scare of covid19. At least their restaurant or frozen food business is still serving and going steady during this covid19 strain time. Here in my country most businesses have resumed full-time, cos the severity of the disease is zero.
Most of the restaurants here shifted to pick up and delivery so that they will have a cheaper rent to pay. I cannot imagine what happens next when the pandemic era ends. People will be dining in for sure because they missed that activity. The delivery system will lose customers and many delivery couriers will also lose their income.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Most of the restaurants here shifted to pick up and delivery so that they will have a cheaper rent to pay. I cannot imagine what happens next when the pandemic era ends. People will be dining in for sure because they missed that activity. The delivery system will lose customers and many delivery couriers will also lose their income.
Who knows of the delivery system is now the cornerstone and the mainstay after the corona virus. Now online business have stabilize, and recording higher sales than the offline mode of transactions when it comes to buying items like clothing, food, merchandise and other useful products. Even if the pandemic desert us, i believe online mode of buying and selling can't decrease.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Pandemic also made a lot of people very rich. Jeff Bezos became the world's richest man (now he is at the second spot) because his business at Amazon scaled during the pandemic. Companies that made medical equipment like ventilator etc, made a lot of money. Soon the companies that made Corona Virus vaccine are going to be very rich.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Pandemic also made a lot of people very rich. Jeff Bezos became the world's richest man (now he is at the second spot) because his business at Amazon scaled during the pandemic. Companies that made medical equipment like ventilator etc, made a lot of money. Soon the companies that made Corona Virus vaccine are going to be very rich.
I believe Jeff bezos is first in the richest man in the world. He owns more than $200 billion net worth, he is richer than Elon musk currently based on the success of his Amazon e-commerce store. Late last year Elon musk toppled him with net worth around the region of $167 billion. Until things changes overnight again for Jeff bezos, he then move past musk with networth of over $200B.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The pandemic has its brutal effect on most business people. It made their businesses went down because of the lockdown. Most business people couldn't go to their shops, as they were forced to stay at home. But on the other hand, some people were racking tons of cash during this period.

The people the started selling hand sanitizer and nose masks in my country country during the pandemic, they made money too.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is sad to note that so many businesses have closed due to the pandemic. Most of the victims are restaurants and eateries, bars, gyms and spas. In our village alone all the spas and restaurants have closed permanently that in the small commercial center by the village gate there are many vacant store and restaurant spaces.

If you are the manager of a restaurant that has no more revenue would you just close shop to avoid losses or would you fight with the situation? My take on closure is surrender. There are some restaurants in the next village which are still open. One owner said that they have made some changes like the efficient and quick delivery system. They also accept online orders. In a matter of 2 months their sales have come back to the normal level. Food orders for delivery has changed the landscape of restaurants and I think they can survive in the pandemic era.
The pandemic came with a lot of issues for humans, especially in the area of finances because a lot of finances were affected. When once your source of income is affected in any way then prospering necome very difficult. To live above it need you starting another business that strive even in the pandemic

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is no longer news that the pandemic actually first a lot of businesses to close. Since there was lockdown periods extended in many places most businesses could not keep up with the lack of activity and as such were forced to order layoff important stuff or to even close the business in all