The loan sharks in the internet

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been receiving text messages about a loan up to half a million pesos ($10,000). The instruction is to click the link of the website for more details. To be honest, I have not clicked any link and I have no intention of getting a loan especially from online sources. I am scared of the scam.

UC browser loan 2.jpg
My investigation brought me to a friend who wanted to borrow a few thousand from the online lender. The requirement is a credit card but not necessarily your credit card. That means you may need a guarantor for the purpose. It was not clear on how the lender would use the credit card for their purpose but it seems shady. It’s a good thing that my friend did not pursue the loan. We just have to be discerning when borrowing money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I come across this ad too when going through sites on the internet but I have never used them because they request for ones BVN and I can’t be this careless to leave bank verification number online. Anyone can manipulate with the information to clear my account. So I might use them

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
There are some applications on Google play store that also claim to offer loans to people in my country and I have observed that they make people pay back with very high interest rate and I do not think it should be that way at all.
I am not a fan of taking loans so I try to avoid anything to do with them always.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This is a very common way to scam people. A lot of people tend to believe that loan is a free money (they simply forget that they have to repay), therefore, when they see an offer like this one, they simply run to grab the opportunity and end up losing personal information or money. You should stay away from such claims.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a trick to having access to your personal information. When they get hold of the relevant information from your credit card , next is to await calamity because they will strike hard when green light showed up.
It's very important that we shouldn't divulge our private information to a total stranger or sites that we knew nothing about.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Borrowing money from such online loan lending sharks is not my thing too. First they could be scams who are just looking to get your personal financial information like that one asking for a credit card. On the other hand, they could really be giving the loans but with unrealistically high interest rates.