The importance of saving

People are often surprised to learn that they need to save money. They assume that they make too much money to need to save, or that their debts are too high to warrant it. However, saving money is one of the most important things you can do for your financial future.

There are a number of reasons why you should save money. Perhaps the most important reason is that it will give you peace of mind. Knowing that you have a cushion of savings will help you feel more secure in your life, and less likely to fall into debt. Additionally, saving money will help you reach your financial goals sooner, you will have a cushion in case of tough times, you can afford to take risks and start your own business, you can afford to retire sooner, you can leave a larger inheritance for your children.

This article explained the importance of saving money. By saving money, you can protect yourself from financial stress and ensure that you have a cushion in case of an emergency. Read my previous threads to learn more about how to save money and make the most of your finances.

Bard Racheal

Making money without thinking of your future, you only think about how you will get the money consumed at the immediate time you got it;

That is not an ideal thought or decision for you, and for your future.

Saving your money is very important.
If you get involved in any job that is earning you at least a reasonable amounts, you should try to tigh your throat very well,so that you won't consume all in a twinkling because of what you crave for.

I'm not trying to say one should not enjoy his or her money.
If you are working, you are entitled to enjoying your hard earned money.

What I'm saying is: we should learn to use our income wisely.
Learn to go for your needs and less of your wants.

The money left from the "wants" you went for, should form part of your savings.

That money you are saving,will stand as an helper to you in the future.

Saving also,will create room for you to being self employed, that is if you were working under someone.

Saving your money makes you responsible.
It makes you matured.
You are wise if you save your money.

Many people who has cultivated the habit of savings,are counted among those who are fighting poverty from their wallets and pockets today.

Oluwasegun purpose

They are various ways why we need to save money we safe money because of emergency and for investment .....

they are ways we save money,if you want to save money you can save your money in ur bank account or any other ways...

there is a saying that if you want to become successful in life in must learn how to save......

if you have the habit of savings you can't make in life, for instance you are working and you don't have any saving just think of the day or any day you got sack from work hw are you going to survive or he are you going to leave,and you are someone who have family and children just think of it how are you going to pay your child school fees, how are you going to been buying food stuff and house thing....but if you have saving in your account no matter what even if you got sack from work you can never be afraid because you have some saving within you , you can even use that money to start up a little business and even with time that business of yours will become every large and profitable.....

Additionally, I will advise you to learn how to be saving try to have that habit because of anything can happen at anytime and if you are saving try to use some of the money for investment

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Saving is the key to a disciplined life. If you don't save, it means you are not prudent with money and it will simply means it may take long before such a person will make it financially. I do tell people that saving is not a function of how much you receive as your salary. It is a matter of discipline.

The following are the advantages of saving.

It makes you to afford whatever that you wish to achieve. When you save money, it means you will have more than enough if not enough to buy whatever you may wish to buy. And this boost our morale.

It afford us preparation for the future. When we save, surely we are prepared for the future. We can not boast of today but we won't mind the future. Because we will know we have prepared for it.

The importance of saving is inexhaustible to be frank. To make it easier we must find some ways of making sure that we save comfortably. The first thing is to be disciplined to the extent that we set limit to what we buy.

Then we can try to have more streams of income in order to increase how much we save.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes , that is the most important thing. For me if I save some money I will have that peace of mind that I have money to sort out any problem that may arise is in my life or start up any business of my choice . This is something that really gives a lot of people a relaxing mind.

It is only people that think this way that will have the ability to save because I have seen so many people that do even care to save some savings , whenever they have money they will try to use up the money and sometimes they won't even stop using the money until the money is gone and all these things are bad Saving strategy because spending money excessively on things that won't really help you in a future is just a waste of time.

It is very important for people to save money . I can understand a situation that you are using money to pursue your academic career or things that could really help in your success in life . That is quite different but not saving money when you are not doing any of these things is not the best.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Saving money is one of the most important aspect for your financial life. The most important one is that it makes you afford the things you need to buy. Especially when you set a target of what you want to buy using how much. When you are sure of how much you want, saving becomes an intentional thing that enables you to afford what you want from your own money.

It also enables you pay for emergencies that comes up. Which are very common and many of them will require to have finances ready. For example a natural disasters occurs and destroys a lot of your home property. You will need money to repair it and so having savings will save you a lot.

When you buy things from your own income that you saved and pay for emergencies using savings, you avoid taking unplanned loans. Which is something that makes your financial life to be very stable. This is because you are not facing issues of having to pay back money.

Saving can also enable you to start a business. Having saved a good amount of money, you can easily decide to start a business with it. Or you can invest it somewhere and enjoy passive income.

blessingc

Saving money is important for many reasons, you might not have a reason or plan for that money but keeping it can help you in alot of ways.

Saving money gives you the freedom to live with the hope that you have something to fall back on if things fall apart, if you lose your job.

One of the importance of saving money is to build cash reserves so you can take calculated risks with less worry. If you don’t have any savings, it may be harder to pursue certain passions. Like starting a business or furthering your education. You can't do any of those without having a good savings account except you are having someone who is ready to sponsor you all through school or provide a capital for your business.

You need to save also incase of emergencies, no one prays for bad emergencues, nevertheless, we need to be prepared. A family member can develop a health issue, you might need to make an emergency trip, you may have a car accident or breakdown, you could be in need of money to make repairs to any of your belongings that need immediate repair.

Saving is important all round, if you are too scared of investing you should be good at savings.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The importance pf saving money can never be over emphasize at all , and this is thx major reason why a lot of people have to consider it .

Saving money is only way to guarantee a certain picture of yourself because you never can tell what will come up in the future and it is best to plan ahead of time because nobody come there to tell you what is really going to happen tomorrow .

One of the most important benefits of saving money is due to the fact , that it will help you to be able to utilise business opportunities are present in the future .

There are a lot of people who could not start any business even when they were offered some resources because they did not have any savings that could be used to start the business from where it was given to them .

Saving money is the only thing I can help you to be able to utilise such an opportunity whenever it present in the future .

This is a major reason why people have to think outside the box and to continuously think of how to limit their spending, and how to save more.

E

eldavis

Saving plays a very vital role for anyone who is willing to grow in terms of capital. I came to understand how important savings was last year. I made some investment bit it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. What saved me form being stranded was the fact that I had some savings kept somewhere. That was what I made use of to start again.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
You might not think that saving money is important, but it is! When you save your money, you're less likely to need to borrow from the bank or from a friend/family member. Also, when you're saving your money, you're making sure that you have enough cash to pay for any unexpected expenses—like an emergency car repair.

Saving money will help make sure that you have a decent amount of funds in case of an emergency. This can help keep your family safe and secure, which is especially important for people who have children or pets. It's also good for your finances because when you save up for something like a new car or home, it means that there's no need for credit cards or loans as soon as possible.

Saving money is important because it is a good way to protect yourself from financial troubles. Saving money also gives you the opportunity to invest in your future and make sure that your children can have a better life than you had.