The health guru who was choosy with food

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There was a radio program commentator named Johnny who is an advocate for health . I remember his advice of choosing the food. However he was so choosy that there were many foods that he forbids like fried rice, pork, beef and chicken, cake and other desserts. With the drinks the prohibited are coffee, alcoholic drinks, soda and other sweet drinks that include shake and ice cream.

He has many listeners but I’m sure there were only a few followers because of the very strict diet that he espouses. From what I gathered Johnny died at past 70 years of cancer but not clear what kind. More likely he did not enjoy his life because of the prohibitions in the food and drinks. When it comes to prohibition of food it is like depriving yourself of the good things in life.

I don't really know why I find this very funny. Sometimes in this life we don't need to be too careful because when you are too careful with some certain things you will definitely lose more. There are people who smoked all the days of their life and they lived above 100 years of age and there are others who prohibited many things and died very early. So sometimes life does not work the way we think it would.

You can never underestimate the fact that what you choose to eat has a major effect on your health. Choosing the right food is the key that leads to healthy living. Unfortunately, many people choose the wrong food and end up damaging their health in the process of consuming bad food. I just hope people realize the importance of healthy food.

I have my exhibit in food, i don't eat everything i see, I'm selective at times, no doubt. But not as Johnny did. Johnny the commentator over rejected foods that makes life enjoyable. Like me, i enjoy pork, fries, burgers, pizas, chicken and more. I don't over reject things, just few i might not fall in love with. They are my local foods, which you aren't familiar with.

BBu
You can never underestimate the fact that what you choose to eat has a major effect on your health. Choosing the right food is the key that leads to healthy living. Unfortunately, many people choose the wrong food and end up damaging their health in the process of consuming bad food. I just hope people realize the importance of healthy food.
Well said bro....eating good and healthy food is a path to healthy living but I don't think that determines how long you will live on earth. Some people might be eating junks all their life and still be older than Johny before they die. I think it's a matter of Grace and family trait.

This has always being my stance for a long time. To keep the body healthy and as fit as a fiddle then only the right food should be consumed. Not when the body has been stuff with bad food then such a person will think about living long. It can’t happen that way

I have my exhibit in food, i don't eat everything i see, I'm selective at times, no doubt. But not as Johnny did. Johnny the commentator over rejected foods that makes life enjoyable. Like me, i enjoy pork, fries, burgers, pizas, chicken and more. I don't over reject things, just few i might not fall in love with. They are my local foods, which you aren't familiar with.
I also enjoy the food that mentioned which are offered in fast food outlets. Now that I am diagnosed with diabetes then I have to be careful with what I ingest whether food or drink. It is a sorry news that I received last night with the result of my blood test yesterday. Maybe I have to be choosy with food to avoid sweets and soda as well.