The feature of investment banking

Jamoflondon

Verified member
These type of banks are not really common in a place like Nigeria because of the economic condition of the country, well that is what I think though. Just for the sake of knowledge. Investment banking deals with business firms or individuals to help them save their money and not only that, but show them a way to invest that money and when they make profits from it, they will still help them save it bank to the account they have with them.

There are some features about this type of banking that one should know about. Which are;

1. To save and invest
2. Trading purposes

1. To save and invest: In this banking industry, clients are allowed to invest( as the name implies ) with the money saved in the accounts. This can be called a benefit if you ask me, what can be more better than making more money while saving at the same time.

2. Trading purposes: Any bank that operates as an investment banking usually know about trading and still make sure they provide security for your money to ensure successful trade. I am not saying that it is totally sure because everything is risk but at least you will have the more hope or getting your money back with added interest.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Over here the main purpose for which people have a bank account is for easier transaction since you can easily transfer money into another person's account and they can withdraw it in the location they are staying without the inconveniences of traveling from one place to another..

Another thing about banking is that since it is an electronic mode of saving it is mostly secure and your money is 100 percent safe and as long as the bank is still in existence you can be able to withdraw your money without any problem...
There are numerous benefits of banks that helps contribute a lot of great benefit to the economy and development of a particular country..

To me bank is not really a place for me to save or trade with my money but it is a place for me to save some money that I can quickly withdraw to solve a lot of offline challenges and responsibilities...

Ever since the invention of cryptocurrency my main concentration is always to invest there than to trade in the bank since there is no trading bank over here .. most of the banks that is available is just a commercial Bank which only deal with saving but you can decide to invest your money in fixed deposit but not really profitable.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Although it is true that we may not have commercial banks running such features here in Nigeria but that is not to say that our commercial banks do not trade with our deposit with them and the truth is the deposits are What the the banks use in generating cash that is still redistributed to their customers. Then again there are other types banks in Nigeria that are have such features that generate some kind of financial benefits for their customers or investors. They promise and they deliver on their promise by paying some dividend to their investors based on the amount thay is invested in the bank.

Mellorando

Banned
Investment Banks performs various different type of function in the economy by offering different financial services to their clients such as helping the corporations in finding the investor for obtaining the debt finance, underwriting of the stock issues, working as the financial advisor, handling of the mergers and acquisitions etc.
An investment bank is like a middleman between investor and issuer and helps their client to raise money through debt and equity offering. Some of the investment banks are JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, etc.