The Era of Globalization

raaman

Valued Contributor
People from every walk of life, all over the world have become closer than ever before. The goods and services that become available in one country are immediately promoted and passed on to another country.

This shift and communication have become more common in today's fast-paced digital life. To describe this period, people generally use the term, "the era of globalization". This phenomenon affects the business economy and exerts a broad social influence on the economy.

The growth of the developing countries are the main cause of globalization, and this globalization brings both opportunities and disadvantages to the business community.

andrasnys

I think in the long run this constant global thinking will harm the regular man .Everything points to big business expanding with cheaper workers and shipping regulations.The normal person will not be able to sustain against a multi producer /transporter as lets say China.
Their is my 2 cents on the subject , what do you think?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The small businesses may not be affected by globalization unless the product that they are dealing with are imported. I remember in the olden days when I would see apples in the stores only during the Christmas season likewise with the grapes that has seeds. but sometime before the year 2000 when globalization started moving products worldwide we now see the seedless grapes, apples and pears the whole year round. That was impossible when I was younger because importers may lose money. With globalization there was no more strictness when it comes to taxation.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yeah, Globalization can be seen all over the world. And, those countries that have businesses and don't fit into the globalization, they can't make it to a big scale. Globalization, I see haven't affected to all sorts of businesses. Although, in today's world via communication these things can be attained. But, in India I see some businesses maintain foreign interactions directly. Other businesses either work to a certain range within the country or collaborate with big owners in order to maintain those contacts.

But, certainly as time passes by they have also seen that if they maintain direct contact, they can make more profits. Their thinking will probably change more in this decade.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is indeed not a lie that the world is going a lot more global. A lot of people cannot communicate even when they are very far graphically and you as a business person can definitely use this development to your advantage. You can use this opportunity to be able to promote your business two people that are living abroad very easily.