When thinking specifically about affiliate income, I determined that I could divide how people earn money as an affiliate into three primary categories: Unattached, Related, and Involved. These terms represent how we are associated with the product or products we may be an affiliate for.

Affiliate marketing programs has never been as popular before as it is today. Why? There can be a number of reasons. The most probable reason, however, could be the fact that the benefits of affiliate marketing have become clearer to a lot of people now than they were before.

Today, both the merchants and the affiliates can see clearly that affiliate marketing can work for both of them. The merchant sees affiliate marketing today as the chance to advertise their products at a lower cost. The affiliates, on the other hand, sees affiliate marketing as an easy way of earning profits online by doing what they like most, and that is by creating websites.

Just as the popularity of affiliate marketing has shifted into greater heights, so has the people’s outlook about it changed. No longer is affiliate marketing considered today as an alternative method for the merchant to advertise his products, or as a source of additional income for the affiliates. For merchants and affiliates alike, affiliate marketing is now considered as a main source of profits and revenues.

So the question now is what type of affiliate marketing will work best for you? Are all affiliate marketing programs the same? Are the benefits the same? Or are there affiliate marketing programs that work better than the others?

There are actually different types or classes of affiliate marketing, and the number of types will depend on how one will classify them. The most basic affiliate marketing programs, however, falls under two categories: pay-per-click (PPC), and pay-per-performance (PPP).

Types of Affiliate
Partners

• 10 Types of Affiliates. Coupon sites.
  • Coupon Sites. Coupon or Deal sites are easily the most popular type of affiliate site out there today.
  • News & Media Sites. Yep, news and media sites are getting into the affiliate game.
  • Content Sites.
  • Review Sites.
  • Loyalty or Cashback Sites.
  • Bloggers.
  • Shopping Comparison.
  • Types of Affiliate Marketing Programs
  • Content marketing programs - blogs and web pages.
  • Coupon-site programs.
  • Review-site Programs.
  • Loyalty Portals.
  • Incentive Programs.
  • Email Marketing.
  • Digital assets.
  • Traditional Media.
  • The Core Pillars of Affiliate Strategy
  • Affiliate Communication.
  • Incentivizing Via Your Commission Structure.
  • Leverage Promos.
  • Execute On A Full-Funnel Strategy.

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways of making money presently and the fact that a lot of people are venturing into it on daily basis is a proof to that. I started learning about affiliate marketing since last year but I have not been able to concentrate fully because of my busy schedule and other things but I think before the end of this year I will become a badass affiliate marketer. identifying the kind of affiliate marketing program you want to venture into is very important because it will give you the clear idea of what you are into.