Strategies and solutions to the problem of unemployment

The subject of unemployment is currently one of the most important concerns that society is confronted with today. It is a difficult problem with no simple answers in sight. On the other hand, there are a number of approaches and solutions that, if implemented, could help to solve the problem and contribute to a decrease in the number of individuals who are without jobs.

There is a wide variety of approaches that could be taken to address the issue of unemployment. Education and training are two areas in which governments could choose to invest in order to better prepare their populations to fill available positions. They could also invest in infrastructure in order to provide businesses with the opportunity to create more employment opportunities.

In addition, governments should offer financial incentives to enterprises that employ more individuals. This might take the form of tax breaks or government subsidies. Making it less difficult for individuals to launch their own companies is another potential answer. This would result in the creation of additional work opportunities and also provide individuals with the chance to be their own boss.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Facing the prospect of unemployment can be terrifying. But don't give up hope! You can survive the uncertainty and use this time to improve your life. In my country, government seems to ignore the high rate of unemployment. As an individual, you just have to help yourself or suffer to the end waiting for the government. Here's how to get yourself together:

1. Get organized.

Organizing your finances is the first step in navigating a period without a regular paycheck. Start by making a budget based on your savings to determine exactly how much you have to live on. From there, create a payment plan for managing your bills and other expenses. Getting organized will help you stay calm and focused as you look for new work or explore other options for income.

2. Look for jobs proactively.

Be proactive about seeking out employment opportunities that suit your skill set and experience level, but also keep an open mind to other possibilities. Consider applying for jobs below your previous position, or even outside of your usual industry, if they offer good pay and fit well with your existing skillset. (You may also find that a change of scenery is just what you need.)

3. Build up your network

Maintaining relationships with others is essential when it comes to finding employment, or any opportunity that puts you back on track toward financial stability. Keep in touch with people who have supported you professionally throughout your career, even if they are not involved.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before you address the issue of unemployment, you will have to categorize unemployment into two groups, one, those who are unemployed despite being educated and skilled, and two, unemployed because of a lack of skill and education. The second case is understandable because when you do not have the skill and do not have education, how can you get hired (because every job needs either skills or education, even manual labor needs skills). When people are unemployed despite being educated and skilled, this is a great loss not only for those people who spent many years acquiring education and skills but also for the nation as well. However, this problem persists because there are not many employment opportunities, not many jobs in the country. This is due to the fact that there are not many companies, not many industries creating job opportunities in that country. Developing nations and underdeveloped nations do not have developed industrial or business sectors, therefore, there are not many jobs.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think there are some drastic approaches that could be taken by the government in order to eliminate or reduce unemployment to its minimal level.

One of the major measures that should be taken in order to eliminate unemployment is for the government to fund small and medium enterprises. The thing is that if the government can help such small businesses to grow they will probably try as much as possible to employ people and from there the unemployment can actually reduce.

When the government provide an enabling environment for small businesses to thrive a lot of other people will also grow interest in starting their own business and therefore eliminating unemployment and creating job opportunities for job opportunities.

The major reason unemployment is persistent in some countries is because the government has actually not provided an enabling environment. it is also important and necessary that the government try as much as possible to give industrialisation a proper focus.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I believe the increased belief of people in white-collar jobs is one of the reasons unemployment is looking like a plague. So many people have refused to get down and dirty to do something for themselves. We believe we should get a white-collar job just because we went to school.

Take, for instance, Nigeria, there is a food shortage, and most agricultural products are being imported. Fertile soil is abundant. Why would an average Nigerian complain about unemployment? I told myself I would never be unemployed for one day and I started making plans for my poultry farm right from university. If more people are being entrepreneurial, they would set up businesses and employ others. By so doing, the problem of unemployment can be collectively reduced. Also, apart from getting an education, it is important to have ahave a skill that you can engage in and make money. I write to make money. That is my skill.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Unemployment can be solved in a variety of ways. And I can say that there is no single route that can guarantee the elimination of unemployment. But I'll still like to say that laziness and the slackness of some people towards finding a job by making themselves marketable or creating self employment opportunities for themselves must be treated well and eliminated before we can begin to face unemployment head on.

There are some persons who are exposed and open to a lot of opportunities but refuse to grab and take advantage of it because of their lack of laziness and wants a job to come knocking at their door when they should be the ones inviting employment over.

So first of all, people must first acknowledge the fact that getting self employed is one of the best ways out of the cancer worm of unemployment that is ravaging the precious brains of our productive masses. When people are able to get ways of becoming self employed, then a great deal has been done already.