Shares/Stock Stock Trading At Home Vs Stock Trading In The Real Market: What Is The Difference?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Stock trading is a kind of side investment for many people. However, there are many people who are full-time traders and brokers. Stock trading could be a good way to generate passive income, but it might also lead to financial problems if trading is not done in a correct manner. I am sure that there are various kinds of apps and websites that might allow traders to invest money in the stock market just by sitting in home. For example, there are various kinds of apps that are available in Google play store that might allow you to trade in the stock market.

I cannot recommend any such kind of apps because each and every app has its own flaws. Many people would love the idea of trading from their home. However, there are many other kind of traders who probably visit the stock market and trade there. I think this is why the stock market is a pretty crowed place and a place where all the traders stay busy. But I do not understand what is the main difference between trading online at home and trading in the main market? I guess there must be some advantage of trading in the main market over trading at home, right?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have to be honest that I only learned stock trading just recently. Right now I have not traded yet even if a friend was urging me to sell some of my shares when the price went up by 8% of the original price. My mind is still confused with the things that I have to be doing (when my wife died) so I couldn't attend to new chores like trading. I know that my stocks will be in good stead because it is a blue chip stock and there is the annual cash dividend that is coming up for distribution soon.

It makes me wonder how you can do the trading using an app. In my case, I was required to open an account with the securities company who will also act as my broker. I also presented my bank account that will hold the funds for my trading. When I buy the payment will come from my bank account and when I sell the proceeds will be deposited to my bank account. Again, how can an app do the trading?

Caramelle

@Alexandoy You are possibly investing via brick-and-mortar securities brokers. Nowadays, you can expect the same security brokers to have their online version. This online broker operates through an app that you can use to buy and sell shares. You can link a bank account that will hold your funds. Most banks have affiliate brokers. If you're doing online banking with your bank that happens to have an affiliate broker, you can seamlessly fund your brokerage account online. The broker's app will also facilitate the funding when you link your bank account.

Online brokers generally charge lower transaction fees. You use their app to choose which stocks to buy or sell. Thus, you enjoy autonomy when it comes to buying and selling stocks, and your decisions are usually based on your own research. To protect yourself against scammers, you don't just download trading apps. You choose a trusted securities broker and download their app.

In general, the brokers act on your behalf when buying and selling stocks. There are other ways to invest in companies without going through a broker. One is by purchasing stocks through a direct stock purchase plan (DSPP). In this case, the company determines the minimum amount or number of stocks that you need to purchase in order to qualify for their plan.​

D

Deleted member 28127

In the home or at the real market place there is not a big difference but at home, you will be less stressed than being in a place where there is a lot of investors feeling angry and selfish for losing or winning at stocks market that let you more stressful about the situation. Then you have to handle this kind of situation by trading stocks at home to be a little separated from stress.