Stigmatization of people living with terminal diseases

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The case of stigmatization keeps on increasing one every day basis. People keep on ostracizing people with one aliment or the other but mostly common among people that are plagued with terminal diseases.

There may be many reasons why this act is very rampant. But no matter the reasons, the act should be shun because the victims always need us to keep on their feet.

Lack of enough sensitization is the first reason why people stigmatize against people living with terminal diseases. They don't have prior or a prior knowledge that this act is enough to kill the victims.

Fear of being also contracted with the same diseases make handful of people to discriminate against people with liebujf with terminal disease. HIV victims suffer the most stigmatization. Most people even believe they can contract this disease by merely touching the victims.

Wrong impression will also be on my top reasons. We always see those that are infected with HIV for instance, as may be promiscuous or wayward. Then we decide not to show them care because we believe they are reaping their seeds. It in most cases, innocent victims are also victims of these terminal diseases

Its use to be very saddened when you see people behaving bad to those that has one health challenge or the other.
Though one need to be careful with those with transmitted diseases or the other.
Truly people needed to be sensitize.

I think it is mostly ignorance and ignorant people that does the stigmatization of people. It will better to help than stigmatize others because we are lucky not to be in their shoes. I think we need to stop pushing others to depression and suicide. Showing the next person love is a lot better.

It is a natural reaction from people that have very little or no knowledge of the kind of illness the patient is suffering from, personally I won't blame them, the news about most of the illness are kind of scary so people will definitely act negatively when the come in contact with someone with such illness.

That's why experts say ignorance is a disease too. If your learned and wise you should know all this things, the primary sensitization of life. We shouldn't over emphasize on things that doesn't matter, or feeling naive when the disease can be cured or control. Stigmatization can make us fear, scar, ignominious, which is disgraceful. Being ignorant of what is expected from us to know or control.

This reminds me of the news report that the home of a covid patient was barricaded by the community police so that the family cannot get out. They are given food stuff for their sustenance. The family was able to reveal their situation in social media. The head of the community government was arrested.

This observation is so true. People with terminal diseases, especially HIV/AIDS get stigmatized alot. You would think that in this era people are educated and have no such stigmatizing myths and misconceptions. But there are still so many educated people who stigmatize others. I think this needs to be made an important lesson in all schools so everyone can grow with the right mindset about these diseases.

And at the same time people having this sort of infection should try as much as possible to isolate themselves from people because most of them are contagious and it is possible for you to get them through direct contact with infected person so in this situation why won't I protect myself from getting it ?