Steps to opening your car dealership franchise.

Before you open your dealership,you should become familiar with the industry by selling cars,managing a dealership or working for an auto manufacturer.these are even college that have curriculums

Obtain financing:whether you are starting a dealership friend stratch or buying an existing one,starts up cost are usually in millions,the first place to begin is with your local banks or credit union for a loan to cover expenses for six to 12 months of operation.and that is not just for building ,the vehicle and the service department.you also need furniture computers,telephone lines,fax machines,printers ,filling cabinets and decorations.

Develop a business plan:eek:nce you come to the term of investing every greenback you can get your hands on. It will be wise to flesh out a solid business plan.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I guess this type of business is only for the very rich who have no time in going to forums like this. For us mere mortals, I don't think there is anyone here in this forum that can start a car dealership with franchise. I have a friend who is into buy and sell of cars but he can handle just 3 cars maximum because that is the only volume that his capital can afford. When one is sold then he takes the profit and buy another car. Yeah, his business is for used cars only.

From what I know about franchise you have to put up front the required amount needed in the dealership. Let's say Toyota cars. The company will not give you its blessings if you do not have a nice office with a workshop for the maintenance.