Starting a Print-On-Demand Business on Amazon

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Amazon, the world’s biggest ecommerce marketplaces have offer numerous ways to make money for small businesses and individuals and one of them is Print-On-Demand. If you want to do this business you should definitely try it on Amazon.

Amazon’s Print-On-Demand model is called Amazon Merch (short form of merchandaise).

Join the program

Upload your design, and choose the product you want to sell

Set your price

When someone buys your product, Amazon will print the product and ship the product to the buyer. You don't have to bear any tension.

There is no upfront cost involves, you can absolutely sell for free and you will receive commission for every product you sell.

Amazon Merch is not only used by individuals and small businesses but also big brands like Disney, Marvel, Fortnite, etc.

How does Amazon Merch compare with other similar Print-On-Demand companies?

Well, Amazon gets billions of page views, has millions of regular buyers, therefore, you definitely have an edge over other Print-On-Demand marketplaces.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don’t use Amazon Merch, I don’t know why I was never interested in trying Amazon merch, perhaps because it is a very competitive market. I started print-on-demand on Etsy. I did not start selling products at once, it took me a long time and spend some money on ads before I generated my first print-on-demand sales. I then started using Redbubble. There is a difference in selling on Etsy and Redbubble. Etsy does not have its own print shop, therefore, you will have to use third-party services like printify, printful, etc. However, redbubble not only has its own printing shop but also a marketplace for selling. While traffic on redbubble is not as great as the traffic on Etsy, I find redbubble useful because you do not have to spend any money to start selling. Recently, I have registered on Amazon Merch program and I might start listing a few products and see if I can sell on Amazon as well.