Starting a Home Cleaning Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
Professional home cleaning services is are in high demand in my place, however, the supply is short. Therefore, it is a lucrative business in my area. What about you? Is there a demand for this business in your place?

Offering home cleaning services is a viable business option, but it requires a substantial investment in cleaning equipment. The startup costs and ongoing expenses, including staff hiring, are relatively higher. While making profits is possible, you need to make a comparision between profit potential and initial investment. Since running costs are also high, you also need a lot of reserve funds.

Etini

Valued Contributor
My friend does home cleaning as an extension of his laundry business. He doesn't need to hire permanent staff but he hires them on contract when the demand for home cleaning services come. One can still start small by using traditional home cleaning tools and equipment like mop, cleaning broom and the rest. The key is to make sure that you deliver a quality service regardless of.yhe tools.

But the demand for such services are far between in my country. That's why most people just do it as an extension of laundry and dry cleaning services. They don't create a specialized business for that.