Sources of business capital

I presently dont own a business of my own but I do have the intention of opening one soon. I have the business idea I am genuinely interested in establishing, I have made alot of research, I have also gathered alot of information about this business. I have even spoken to some experts and observed them while working but my major problem is the capital to start the business. I have saved very little that is way to small to even start a small business of this business type.so my question is how do I gather more money (capital) to start the business. Another thing that i would like to add is that i am not a big fan of borrowing money or lending money form banks and other money lending organizations because of a particular negative experience I witnessed my uncle experience while growing up.

Hena101

When you have a good business plan there are many ways of getting capital to start it be it from government, individuals, cooperate association and many more. But the problem many face is they have the idea but no good planning of the business and no one will like to put his money in what is not properly plan. So one must make sure the business plans are good before he take it to anyone to avoid disappointment

Dekadet

starting up your own business is one of the greatest things that could happen to an individual but a lot of things hinder people from kick starting their own businesses, one of which is start up capital.

As for some of us who detest taking up loans from banks, individuals or money lending institutions there are ways you could go about it. below are ways you could raise money to kick start that great business idea of yours:

1. you could seek for government grants or grants offered by NGOs, one of the ways to do this is by using Google search to search for grant offers available in your country or region.

2. Another way to raise capital for your business is to contact close friends or family members and hint them about your intention to start a business and you would want them to raise funds for you, the little you might have gathered could help you start small and grow from there

D

Deleted member 28873

There are various sources of business capital,applying for a loan could be one while meeting family and friends could be another one.starting up your own business is one of the greatest things that could happen to an individual but a lot of things hinder people from kick starting their own businesses, one of which is start up capital.But the problem many face is they have the idea but no good planning of the business and no one will like to put his money in what is not properly plan.

anil02

Verified member
I presently dont own a business of my own but I do have the intention of opening one soon. I have the business idea I am genuinely interested in establishing, I have made alot of research, I have also gathered alot of information about this business. I have even spoken to some experts and observed them while working but my major problem is the capital to start the business. I have saved very little that is way to small to even start a small business of this business type.so my question is how do I gather more money (capital) to start the business. Another thing that i would like to add is that i am not a big fan of borrowing money or lending money form banks and other money lending organizations because of a particular negative experience I witnessed my uncle experience while growing up.
First thing what type of business you want to start, selling business or manufacturing business? What is source of raising funds in your country I don't know. It is saying that small capital will eat owner. So to start a business you must have enough funds. If you have relative of friends who can provide you funds for long time than you can take from them, and if not than you have not any other option than borrowing from banks and other financial institutions .

Olajidey

There are many ways for getting business capital thou it is not always advisable to use the loan or borrowing money from family or friends to start a business, But if need be that you should get a business capital bank is no one institution you should think of, another is cooperative society also you can get business capital from family or friends that a financially capable.

IamDozzy

There are several source in which you can get capital for your business. First of all, I would advise you to apply to Tony Elumelu Foundation if you are an African. They provide grants to young Africans ready to go into business. Furthermore, there are so many sources to which you could get capital for your business. You could apply for government grants, you could take a loan from the bank, you could take loans from friends and family. Ultimately, if you have a personal saving you could use that to.

anil02

Verified member
There are many ways for getting business capital thou it is not always advisable to use the loan or borrowing money from family or friends to start a business, But if need be that you should get a business capital bank is no one institution you should think of, another is cooperative society also you can get business capital from family or friends that a financially capable.
Yes I am agree with you it is better to arrange funds for banks and from others financial institutes. If we borrow money from friend and relative than it is possible that any time they want their money and if can't pay then our relation with them may not be cordial as earlier. So it is my opinion we must be avoid to take money from friends and relatives.

Georgeadawara

For you to start a business you need have the the idea and next is the capital, which is the difficult aspects of the business.
To source for a business capital they are many ways to do that you can start working under someone so that you can able to save and save some money to start your own business.
You lean money from family and friends to start the business .
Yo apply for loan from bank and government.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You do not have the inclination to borrow money so that is good. But it seems that you are hinting on finding an investor. That is not good. It is very rare to find an investor who will entrust his money to you without strings attached, so to speak. When the business is growing sooner or later the capitalist investor will be in the limelight and may grab the business control from you.