Some reasons why intending business owners have not started their business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If I ask a question why people have not started their dream businesses. I am very sure I will get diffrent answers but all the reasons can be best summarized into the following factors.

Lack of business ideas is the first in my list. Most intending business owners don't have ideas on what to start and even how to go about it. They are not well grounded on some skills to possess in order to make a business a success.

Another factor militating against starting businesses is money. Some have ideas but they don't have money, there is no capital to kick start the business. Majority of the intending business person always face this major challenge.

The last point I will say is fear of unknown. There are people that have ideas and they have enough money to start their desired business. However, they are always scare of failure. They don't want to fail. They are scared and being skeptical as what if the business doesn't work out?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I always have a business idea that can be feasible for my capacity and financial capability. However, I don't think I have the time for managing the business. Besides, I am avoiding stress because at my age my objective is to take it easy with life, enjoy it while I can. I just leave the business to the younger people.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The first reason why intending business owners have not started their business is because they are still in the process of finishing their studies. They are waiting for the end of their studies before starting the business. This might be a good thing because they will get to know what they want to do and where they want to make it big. However, some people may take longer than expected and when you are about to finish your studies you might already have set up your own company or already have an idea for a new career path that you can use at work after school.

The second reason why intending business owners have not started their business is because they do not have enough money saved up for their new venture. Although this seems like a good reason, it doesn't really matter if you don't have enough money saved up or if you have too much money saved up; both of these situations are ideal ways to start your own business! If you don't have enough money saved up then at least you will be able to start working on your business immediately once it's finished! You could also ask if there is any financial help available from family or friends or even gifts from other people who would like to see you succeed with whatever idea that has popped into their head.

Holicent

VIP Contributor

I have met many intending business owners who have not yet started their business. Some of them are afraid to start their own business, some don’t know what to do or where to start, and some do not have enough money.
There are many reasons why intending business owners have not started their business. Here are some reasons why they have not started their own business:

Lack of capital to start the business.

Inability to identify a market for the product or service.

Inability to secure funding from banks or investors.

Fear of failure and short-term losses.

Inability to secure the necessary licenses required for opening a business in certain countries.

Not knowing enough about the local laws and regulations that apply when starting a business in a particular country or region.

Lack of knowledge about the business.

Not having a good location to run the business.

They are not ready to work alone in the beginning and need help from others.

Kennysplash

Verified member
A lot of people find it hard to start their own business because they feel that they don’t have enough capital to start.
Some people are afraid of the risk involved in starting a business and are not sure if they have the skills required for success. Others feel like they do not have enough time to work on it.

While there is no one reason why people find it hard to start their own business, there are some common reasons that many people face.

The main reason people find it hard to start their dream business is lack of capital. Even if they have a good idea, they might not have enough money to get started.

Some people don't know how to go about starting a business or where to start from. They might not know what kind of business is best for them and how to make it in the particular business.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Starting a business takes balls so you don't expect everyone to be able to follow through, most people are not ready, so they just talk about it to their friends, they'll be in business or they'll start this business but they never do anything.

Especially those that have jobs and family, they feel tied down by these things which make them not able to make the switch.

Some people blame it on lack of enough capital but I don't think it's a valid excuse, if you want anything bad enough you wouldn't mind if you don't have enough capital or you do, you'll do it anyway,.

It's black and white, you either do it or you don't, I've told almost everyone I know I'll be in business and I'll get rich doing it long as I'm alive and healthy and it feels like an oath that I have to deliver no matter what it takes