Some old people don't believe In earning money online

Ajebo25

Verified member
This topic I raised has been so much problem especially for those living In Nigeria understands that our parents do believe anything good can come from the internet and always makes us stay away from it.

They believe once you are always with your phone, you have started cyber fraud(yahoo) which should not be so we should teach our older ones about the internet and make them understand that good thing can come out of it.

do you face the same problems too ??

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
You are very correct bro, old people don't really believe in online money making especially our parents. When my parents see me working online, they'll be saying that they don't have money in which they will use to bail me out from police cell, that I should stop all this online stuff and doing. Most times it's always funny, I don't blame them, because back then in there generation there was nothing like internet or technology.

Apart from old people believing in online money making, I can see some of our youth still doubting online money making. Most of their problem is that they got scammed in so many site, so in this way they think that anything concerning online money making is not a legit and real.

Talking about my own self, I also had the same thoughts, I thought there is nothing like legit online money making because I was scammed in so many sites. But now, I can confidently tell people about legit ways you can make money online.

I'm very happy that someone referred me so this legit paid to post site, to be sincere, this is my best online earning ever. So just tell them to try out.

Rachael

Verified member
There are some people who do not believe in making money online due to the one-time experience they encountered in the course of trying to. Many people have been victims to fraudulent people who think they can take what someone worked so hard for just within a glimpse and this has made the victimized part resolve that making money online is impossible. Personally, I have encountered so many fake sites and I have also been a victim to some, thereby loosing so much money. With all that happened from Ponzi schemes to Hyips and other sites which I might not recall their names, I would be justified if I conclude that making money online is unrealistic but the fact remains that it is definitely possible to make money through the online way.

The thing is, you have to decide to be hardworking, motivated and consistent. The mindset that some people use to assume that money is easier made online, puts them in a state of dilemma and regret when they eventually find out it does not really work that way. It is good to be optimistic by setting top goals but in all we do, the goals should be realistic and given enough time to be achieved.

E

eldavis

LoL I can relate with this, though not all sees it as you doing yahoo, but they look at you as someone that is not serious once you are always with your phone. I met one some time back who classified crypto as witchcraft money because you cannot see it or even use it when you want to. After getting the knowledge of how crypto works, she became more eager to invest in crypto, she kept disturbing us to help her buy more coins.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
In most cases not that they do not believe but they can't possibly understand how this is even possible because throughout their life they have been exposed to how people can make money offline by getting job from the government or establishing a personal business..

Some might even believe that it is possible for people to make money online but they do not just consider it as the best way that is why even if you have to explain to them that you are working online they will still look for more opportunities to convince you to look for jobs opportunities offline because that is what they are very sure of especially those jobs that involve getting employment from the government.

That's how I see it so there is nothing wrong with that because it depends on what they know and you can't really blame them for that because making money online just started some few years ago , so it's not really something a lot of people will believe on.

In most cases making money online may not really be trusted enough and sometimes it shouldn't be depend on as the only means of survival because some platform are not likely to stay so long.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That's actually true especially in some countries. The fact that they grew up when the internet has actually not been so popular or have not even been discovered makes it understable.

It is actually not their fault because there are a lot of illegal activities reported on daily basis about people who are making money through dubious means on the internet.

Sometimes, when I am working online some people even think that I am doing something illegal but I have tried as much as possible to explain to them that it is actually very possible for you to make money on the internet without doing anything illegal.

Even though, I have come across a lot of old people that actually tech-savvy and some of them are even trading cryptocurrencies. I was actually shocked when I saw this but at the same time there are a lot of old people who are actually following the trend.

The internet has actually come to stay and that is why it is very important that anyone try as much as possible to grab the opportunities therein.
There are enormous opportunities on the internet in which anyone can actually use to become financially free. This actually applies to everyone anywhere in the world.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
That is actually true a lot of old people do not believe in the act of making money online . Only a few people that are above the age of 60 are motivated and poised to the act of making money online . Sometimes you can't blame this once because during their youthful age the act of making money online was not introduced to the world and so they have been used to the act of making money offline which is by opening self-employed and private businesses and companies where they serve as sole proprietors , managers , and boss .

According to research and analysis the act of making money online was fully introduced in today's modern system since the year 2001 . Even in the year 2001 not every persons have a smartphone . And so only a few young and old persons have the knowledge and ability to make money online . In most countries old people purposely and tensionally dislike the act of making money online this is due to the fact that most of them have been told lies about the act of making money online . Most old people believe that making money online is all about scamming and defrauding people which is absolutely not true .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is exactly the truth , The older citizen do not even believe in any way of generating money online, they just believe that online is just a criminal or inappropriate way of making money , they fail to understand that technology is taking over so many things and it is quite possible for people to make money online without having to struggle physically.

Inasmuch as a lot of people are interested to make money offline , but if there is a way you can be able to make money online at least to support yourself within a short period of time , I don't see anything wrong with doing that after all you are not scamming other people.

And also , what I have come to understand is that it is not only the old people that does not believe in making money online . So many people especially the young people, there are so many of them that do not even believe that it is quite possible for people to make money online and I have seen some of them before.

Some of these things depends on interest because there are some people that have the natural interest to make money online while others do not.

Ayeshabashir

Yes you are saying truth ,mostly old age people did not believe that we can earn money through mobile phones by sitting at home.
My grandmother also do not know about online earning . When I used my mobile in front of her in order to do my online work then she always said ,you are wasting your time and also damage your eyes and said how someone can give you money on mobile.

Because during her youthful age everyone did offline job. They were going to work in the morning and come back from work at night So that's why the old age people have no idea ,information and knowledge about online earning. But we should tell them and introduce them about the new way of earning . We should teach them there is no thread during working online job because most of the old age members think that all online work are fake,scam and fraudulent. But we should tell them all the websites are not fake and tell them the science has launched and discover too many things for man's life

On the other hand ,it does not means all the old people are unaware from online jobs infact they are also earn money by investment and trading

Last edited:

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that elderly people are not aware of online money earning opportunities for several reasons. As other have pointed out, in the past, there was no internet and people used to work in offices, factories, and other places to learn their livelihood. Right now things have changed and there are so many people who are adopting many different ways to make money online.

I would like to tell you that majority of the people who are skeptical of making money online are actually from Tier 3 countries because the concept of making money online is still quite new. I live in a Tier 3 country, and in here many people do not believe that you can actually make money just by sitting at home. Whenever I tell people that I make money online just by using the internet, they look at me with strange looks and start asking me strange questions.

Moreover, whenever I tell them that I am a web content writer, they start asking me, "What is Web Content Writing?" and I have to explain to them each and every thing. Some people even start looking down upon me and start suggesting other kinds of jobs or fields. I just ignore such people.

blessingc

These days many elderlies think and believe every young person who is always with a smart phone on the internet is busy chatting, stuffing and watching movies online, watching immoral stuffs, betting or into yahoo (scamming). No matter how you try to convince them, that because some of our youths are a huge disappointment to the young people, what they do with their phone has never brought forth any good. It is possible to convince them that something good like making money is a huge possibility online, they need proofs.

My dad once had the idea that the internet was about scamming people, he never knew there was something like making money online. But when we broke in down into explanation to him he gradually understood and encouraged us, we made him see what we do online, as I speak he knows as much as posting to earn, he knows as much about investing in cryptocurrency, he doesn't only encourage us but also provide money for crypto investments.

The elderlies aren't too old to understand, or not wise they just want the evil they see, the scamming and internet theft to end, they don't want their children to be a part of it.

Sikapa

Verified member
We are able to make money online through the use of modern technology and not everyone know how to use this system of making money online. Some people only believe in offline money making and therefore, they are only use to it. I can say is not their for if they are not able to use this modern system of making money online because they are not used to it

One thing is if it came don't their time, then they would have know it too but it just came to meet them alone the way, then they won't know how to go about it too. I always say what you see it as "98" is also 86 on the sight of the person standing before you. So I don't blame people any how. There are even some young men and women who don't believe in online money making and not only old people. Some people just think is a fraud and will be a waste of time to make money online. Some also fear scam sites and therefore they won't even try to make money online. I remember she I introduced online money making to my brother the way he reply shows that he was scammed.

Suba

Staff member
Some people don't believe In earning money online, it has happened everywhere (not only in Nigeria), they know the internet only as a fraudulent medium, maybe they often hear about online businesses that are dishonest so they prefer to avoid making money online. Although most of the older groups use smartphones and laptops, but only on social media, whatsapp, and news, or just to do office work.