Should you start your business in a little way?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The number of small businesses in the United States has grown from about 9 million in 1960 to over 18 million in 2016. That's an increase of more than 2.5 times. We are in 2022! A small business offers many benefits over traditional businesses because it allows you to make more money and work fewer hours than larger companies.

There are many reasons to start a small business. You can earn greater profits by working with fewer employees, so you can make more money per hour or per project. You can also enjoy being your own boss and set your own hours. If you're not afraid of making mistakes, this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn from them and try again next time around. And if you're looking for a way to get rid of some stress and improve your financial situation, starting a small business might just be what you need.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The biggest reason to start a small business is that you can. It's the path of least resistance, and the first step in creating your own destiny.

You don't need to be an expert at everything, or have all the answers. You just need to be willing to learn and adapt along the way.

The other great thing about starting a small business is that it's easy to get started with minimal investment capital and time — especially if you're already employed by someone else.

And once you've proven yourself by building something successful, there's no limit on what you can do with money beyond your means. You have the ability to run your own business, set your own hours and work when you want to. Plus, it allows you to choose what you do, so there’s no pressure on you to conform to someone else’s idea of how things should be done.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The term SME (small and medium enterprise) is becoming very popular around the world, especially after the evolution of the internet and accessibility of the internet. The internet has made it possible for everyone to make money, if you have little skills, you can easily succeed, if you are exceptionally talented, you can become very rich from your internet-based SME. However, this does not mean everyone should start a business or that everyone who starts a business will become successful. In fact, a lot of people fail with business and lose a lot of money. If you do not have a lot of money to start a business, you should look for free ways to build a business, if that is not possible, try to start small. If you want your business to become successful, you need to focus on net profit instead of revenue. These two are different concepts, you need to understand.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally , I do not always have interest in smaller business because I always consider similar business to be a waste of time . But yesterday as I was posting on a platform , a guy told me about the benefit of establishing a small business and I agreed with him perfectly. He said , one of the greatest benefit of starting a small business is to help you gain the necessary experience that will help you withstand The Business when it grows to a huge stage. At this stage I did not have any other option than to just agreed and started seeing smaller businesses as a way of gaining the necessary experience. To help you manage a larger one.

What I'm trying to say is that there are so many benefits of establishing a small business , which could be in terms of profit and also in terms of ideas and understanding of business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes I believe businesses should be started small especially if it started by a novice . A novice in the sense that the person involved is just new to the business and even to doing business. The thing is that business comes with it's own hassles and one without the good knowledge on how to tackle it will surely fail.

It is even better for those that might have done some form of internship or have serve someone doing the business for years. They can easily applied the knowledgeable and skills acquired but for a total novice start small and then learn steadily from the experience

When you start small you would know what works for the business, you would know the products to buy for the business and the ones you can't make sales with. You would learn the goals that might not align with the business and you can apply only the things that will help with the progress of the business.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I am of the notion that smaller beginnings have greater ends. Most at times people fail to recognise the fact that business is a gradual process and it does not matter how you began as far as you have the needed quality and knowledge to make it expand. I personally know a lot of rich men which own companies and many other properties and employ workers which started as a sole proprietorship business. They began on a small scale and by careful effort and working hard were able to make the best of it and amass great wealth from a supposedly small business.
So starting business in a little way? Yes starting your business in a little way! That will be your highway towards becoming and building a big and large scale business with huge Earnings.
Though it also takes effort because I have also seen businesses that started on a small scale and never grew or expanded into any reasonable stuff. It rather started as a small business and due to poor management and lack of hard work it collapsed and never became what we are talking about as large business now. But of course beginning your small business is good step towards making progress.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
There is no other better way to start a business than starting a small business, there are various ways of start starting up a business the best amongst all is starting small. You stand an enormous benefit of learning alot of things and making all the necessary mistakes without having much at stake as compared to when you move all in with the big capital and still end up facing the same amount of challenges that could result to business failure and a total loss of capital.

I could remember my experience with farming, when I first started commercial farming I first started out with sustainace farming, I started from a piece of land behind my residence, the first year was totally below expectations and the yields was very poor. This happened as a result of my lack of technical know how on how to manage the farm effectively. I made some mistakes but quickly learnt from it then I progressed to getting about five acres of land and i grew maize and cassava and within four months my maize was already in the market cashing out good profit for me. And my cassava was ready within nine months. So starting small is always the key.

E

eldavis

Personally I believe starting small would be a wiser decision even if you have more than enough capital to start big. There are some persons who prefer starting big, they even go as far as taking loans just so they can start large as they assume this would be what attracts potential customers. Starting small has an advantage, it helps you learn, there are so many big business out there that did not last up to six months, all the money invested in the business completely wasted. Starting small helps you start easy.