Real estate Should You Buy The Dip When It Comes To Real Estate During The Pandemic?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The period of pandemic was one of the worst kind of period in the recent decades because many businesses, industries, corporations, and markets got closed around the world. Almost each and every kind of business sector was affected in a really horrible way by the pandemic. I am sure that one of the business sector that got much affected badly was the real estate sector. This is because since there was no money in the market, there was no buyer of property in the market and the real estate business suffered as a result.

There were many people who were suggesting that the sale and purchase of property has stopped and this is the main reason why the prices of property has fluctuated in a really bad way. However, there were many professionals who were claiming that this is the right time to buy property because this dip is temporary and the prices will skyrocket once again in the future, so buying property during the pandemic could be really beneficial. This sounds true, but I do not think that the value of property will boom within a few years because we also need to recover from the current situation and economical crisis. What are you opinions?

Immilash

The pandemic has truly affect lots of people and business, If I understand what you are trying to say you mean should we invest in deep during the pandemic, I guess yes, this what you mean for me I think so during the pandemic lots of things are pretty high most people that invested on real estate business during the pandemic has truly make lots of profits, and think it will be a great idea to invest in the deep during the pandemic. But is sometimes risky because you might lost all the money you've invested abd that's very bad.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
The period of pandemic was one of the worst kind of period in the recent decades because many businesses, industries, corporations, and markets got closed around the world. Almost each and every kind of business sector was affected in a really horrible way by the pandemic. I am sure that one of the business sector that got much affected badly was the real estate sector. This is because since there was no money in the market, there was no buyer of property in the market and the real estate business suffered as a result.

There were many people who were suggesting that the sale and purchase of property has stopped and this is the main reason why the prices of property has fluctuated in a really bad way. However, there were many professionals who were claiming that this is the right time to buy property because this dip is temporary and the prices will skyrocket once again in the future, so buying property during the pandemic could be really beneficial. This sounds true, but I do not think that the value of property will boom within a few years because we also need to recover from the current situation and economical crisis. What are you opinions?
Hi Good-Guy. Your post is really very interesting. I fully agree with everything you mention in your post. Due to covid-19 the real estate business has suffered a lot because the sale and purchase of property has stopped. My humble opinion is that it is too risky for somebody to buy property
nowadays in the hope that the value of property will boom within a few years because covid-19 has not disappeared yet and the current situation is strange and not stable at all. Well ,it is up to each and everyone to decide about it. Hope that things will get better for everyone around the world.

Immilash

That's true. Many people have suffered the pandemic but I believe by now everything is becoming normal. But I have known of some people that make lots of money online during the pandemic. the covid 19 Corona virus pandemic has helped in some aspects but bring a lot of setbacks in different aspects. Many people makes money during the pandemic while some are just at home doing nothing, I don't hope the pandemic stays but I have heard of some people that wishes the pandemic should have stayed for the next 5 years just for them to make money such people are heartless.

D

Deleted member 28127

The problem isn't pandemic itself but rule number one is the thing you are going to buy you have a need for it or you just buy to spend money and then it is the difference. If you are buying just to spend money either it is a pandemic or discount offer or whatever then you are just losing your money for nothing that could be reserved for something more important. If you are buying to feed up a need or something essential if it is real estate or land or house then it is something appreciable then this is the true culture.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The question will be who will be selling for you at the dip? Unless someone who is suffering deeply from financial crisis. Almost everyone is suffering from the global covid19 pandemic, and finances are simply lacking for most persons. But it doesn't mean everybody is suffer financially, many are still earning reasonable amount of money in this pandemic era to keep them happy even if the pandemic have done more harm than good. Of you find anyone in a critical financial situation, it will be a positive one in disguise to capitalize on that and buy a real estate property for cheap.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This could have even been the best as long as all the documents that prove the ownership of the land will be handed over to you, but it was a little bit difficult for people to have been able to acquire a property during that time because a lot of people were on financial problems, everybody were just managing the little resources they were having to make sure that they are able to take care of themselves until the pandemic is over,, even if I had money then I wouldn't like to purchase anything but to keep the money for feeding because I was not sure when the pandemic will be over for me to raise more money.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Hi Good-Guy. Your post is really very interesting. I fully agree with everything you mention in your post. Due to covid-19 the real estate business has suffered a lot because the sale and purchase of property has stopped. My humble opinion is that it is too risky for somebody to buy property
nowadays in the hope that the value of property will boom within a few years because covid-19 has not disappeared yet and the current situation is strange and not stable at all. Well ,it is up to each and everyone to decide about it. Hope that things will get better for everyone around the world.

Buying property during such times could be really risky, as no one truly knows what will be the market of the property in the future. I think this is why many people are avoiding investing in real estate business. However, investing right now could be profitable if the economy gets better and people start investing once again in the real estate market. I am sure that this situation of pandemic is temporary and there will come a time when the value of the property will rise once again after the pandemic ends. However, no one knows when this will actually happen.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If I have the money and the real estate industry is imploding then I agree that it is time to buy. Maybe I would buy as many properties as I can provided that I would not need the funds that I would spend. For sure the real estate would make a rebound sooner or later and that market prices would be back to its stable state. A buyer during the dip would certainly earn a big profit. However, I understand that when an industry goes down it would be scary. But then again, it would be temporary. In this pandemic era what's down are the commercial buildings mostly of restaurants and also resorts which have very limited capacity. So many restaurants have closed shop and they are now relying on the delivery system. What happened to their former store? It is closed and the owner of the building is not earning anything. That is a disaster and probably buying a commercial building is a good investment. It's just unfortunate that I do not have that kind of money.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There has been a lot of fear and uncertainty since the arrival of the pandemic and as such even the real estate industry has had his own fair share. So many people do not know when things are going to be coming back to normal and as such they are in a rush to sell their real estate properties into liquid cash so that they can be able to keep it even as a lot of people have lost their jobs. I believe that this is a particular time where by you can take advantage of this and get real estate properties at a cheap price.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
There is nothing wrong with that , at least you are also doing a business that can generate you a passive income. Every buyer who is interested to invest in the real estate properties will always have and look for opportunities to buy it at the lowest price as possible .

But at the same time , when investing in the real estate market . It is very important for us to be so careful about buying cheaper properties because some of them are not trusted and it is only the easiest way you can get into trouble if proper care is not taken .

During the pandemic does not really mean that the price of properties will be cheaper , yes a lot of people could be so desperate to sell out their property. But I believe it will definitely be in the normal price range of every properties .