Should You Buy A Local Property Like A House For Agricultural Purposes?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Whenever we do something, we have a purpose for doing it. Similarly, when we plan to buy a property, we might have a motive that might encourage us to get into a business like real estate business. Many people buy property for various reasons,. They might buy property for flipping purpose. They might also buy property as a long-term investment so that they could sell it in the future. They might also buy a property for their loved ones. Many people also buy property so that they could pass it to their children as inheritance.

There could be many reasons for selling or purchasing any kind of property. However, one of the most interesting aspect of purchasing a property is agriculture. When we hear about agriculture being carried out on a property, we tend to think about huge farm lands located at some rural area. However, I do not think that there should be any reason for restricting agriculture to such kind of properties! usually, houses are not used for agriculture. We can start gardening in house, but agriculture requires you to have a good space or vast land. I was wondering if it is still possible to utilize such kind of property for agricultural purposes?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My niece bought a farm that is 2,000 square meters only and it comes with a vacation house. Her expectation of a farm did not materialize because the land is small for a farm. However, she had planted some small trees and there are vegetables all around with some livestock too. My ideal land is at least 1 hectare and the house would be a hut of 1 bedroom that will serve as a rest house or vacation house. However, it is not easy to relocate especially in the rural area because it would be a disaster if I would happen to buy land in a province that is infested by rebels. That is my utmost concern in the rural areas. The rebels have their own tax system that if you own a property then you have to pay the rebels of the tax that they will levy on your property.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
One can actually acquire a building for the purpose of agriculture, infact that will be a very wise business decision to make even at this current time. A friend of mine acquired a place like that it has a building on it and he decided to use the building to rare chickens and he also made a fish pond in the space in front of the house and today he is living very comfortably because the place was very good and spacious. He has never regretted making the decision to secure the place.

The truth agricultural produce and activities will always be the bedrock of any nation because any nation that has gotten the capacity to take care of her citizens by satisfying all their basic needs which include food, shelter and clothing, such a nation will never be poor again. And if we look at agriculture it is the bedrock of all those basic needs because it provides man with all the raw materials that will be used up in the manufacturing industry to produce more food, clothing and even some building materials.

It is only painful some countries has not woken up to that reality to know the relevance of agriculture.

Caramelle

There is such a thing as zoning which limits the use of land for certain purposes. Residential lots are supposed to be lands that will accommodate housing needs, and converting them into agricultural land would not just violate zoning regulations but will also be a waste of money as residential lots are almost always more expensive than agricultural lots. Thus, if you're purpose is agriculture, then you must buy an agricultural lot for that purpose. Some levels of urban gardening may be allowed in cities or residential areas, but they are limited. In addition, many residential lands are not suited for agricultural purposes. Agricultural lots are often situated away from residential areas but you can always have a house built in them if it's safe and secure. Also, not all rural lands can be called agricultural lands as there are also residential classifications in rural areas.​

Kendy

Verified member
Well, I do not think there's a law that restricts how you want your agricultural clime to be structured but in a more saner way, it would infringe on the residential rights of those in the environment if it happens that you purchase a land for agricultural rearing of livestock like; Cows, Goats, Pigs, Rams, poultry, rabbits. It would be impossible for you to purchase the whole area most especially if it were in an already developed settlement. At this point, no matter how you are cautious to be disposing their dungs daily, it would affect the good livelihood of the neighbourhood and it would also cause air pollution which is harmful to a humans health.

Inasmuch as you are trying to make something feasible for yourself, but you should be strategic in your location and also the type of activities you want to engage so that it does not impede on oyhet people's health living. Infact. I do not know quite well but I would vote that there should be a regulation to such set up. Imagine setting up a palm oil processing mill in the heart of a residential environment, it invariably means you do not want anyone to have peace of mind and some decency of quiet time.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
It will depend on your arrangement because everything can be done as long as you are doing it legitimately and as long as that will not also affect another person negatively. Real estate business requires a lot of money which naturally everyone understand and when thinking of using it for agricultural purposes do you really think it will be a profitable venture ?

A lot of people who are interested to farm are not doing it that way , they rather rent a piece of land for a particular period of time and use it for their farming season . I believe in this case you wouldn't really have to spend millions buying a property only for agricultural purpose except you have any other thing to used it for .

For me when thinking of buying a property , it will definitely be for another thing and during the course of planning for that I can use it for agricultural business.