Should You Always do Currency Exchange Before Leaving a Foreign Country.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Have you ever been to a foreign country, unsure of whether or not to exchange your currency before you leave? We would let you make your decision after reading this. In most cases, it's best to exchange your money into the local currency before you depart for a foreign destination, for these reasons.

First, saving foreign currency rather than saving your own local currency can present a security risk. If you're carrying around money from a different country after returning from your trip, you have to be especially careful about keeping it safe—that means no leaving it lying around in public spaces and no carrying more than you need with you at all times. So if your house is robbed or you get mugged, there's more at stake than just the cash in your wallet.

Second, there are often fees associated with exchanging money back into your home currency once you've returned from a trip abroad. That means if you hold on to that money until you need it later down the road, you'll end up paying extra fees every time—and those fees will eat into the actual value of the money itself. That could end up being several hundred dollars per transaction!

So what should we do?Should we still exchange before departure and avoid all these or are there other advantages?.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Even in the country which you're returning back to, they have currency exchangers you can decide to change it back after converting the fiat currency to your local currency. To me I don't like the idea of changing fiat currencies locally, the charges are way too much. I prefer digital exchange with crypto, I don't think I can exchange for physical cash either. Since you have domiciliary account, their is no need converting with the local money exchangers, you can simply use your domiciliary account to transfer and receive foreign currencies no obscurity at all. Most of the people this days enjoy money transfer and not physical money, because the value in digital stays the same no much charges after conversion. You can use your domiciliary debit or credit card to shop online in your own local online store and pay with foreign currency if they accept. If they don't use a third party payment gateway that accepts foreign currencies to initiate the transaction. Alchemy, bitpay, crypto refill is just an example of the third party payment gateways that will help you in that aspect, and ease the burden of converting your foreign currency to local fiat currency physically for exchange of goods and services online. You can also buy crypto with your domiciliary debit or credit card, and resell the crypto via P2P platform and get a local currency transfer which you can withdraw physically.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me I think it depends on where you can exchange for a better offer if exchanging in your country will give you a better deal with the exchanges then it will better to exchange in your own country but if it's better in the country you're going to then it's better to exchange them there.

But the thing is that it is always good to carry the currency of your destination country with you in case you want to buy something from them. A lot of people will not want to sell their products to someone with a different currency unless they are the ones that don't mind but to be on the safe side it is good to always exchange your local currency in your local bank account before taking a trip whether they are charging high or not so bottom line is just do what works better for you.

GeneralEth

if exchanging in your country will give you a better deal with the exchanges then it will better to exchange in your own country but if it's better in the country you're going to then it's better to exchange them there all in a good way more reason I'm loving crypto currency much more there's no rule as every currencies has their general price