Should we introduce our kids into business at early age?

Heartstrings

It's good to introduce your kids into business so as,as they grow the won't depend solely on you,with their little experience, they can start up something for themselves,and nothing bad in helping with capital. It also depends on the line of business they wants to go into. It is very important to introduce them to it,it would save you the parents from many things. If it's a family business, tagging them along once in a while isn't a bad idea. Infact some became CEO in their early 20s while because they tribe hard to be where they are or better still their parents tag them along with the experience at a tender age.

We should teach our children how to be independent at early age,so as not to depend on friends and family as they grow up, they can easily do any menial job to get a token and save themselves from Dept or a laughing stock from untrue friends.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't know , but this will mostly depend on how you see it and if I may ask , what will be the main purpose for which we have to introduce our kid into business ? is it for them to really understand how business should be manager or for them to lose focus in their academic and concentrate on doing business ? personally I suggest that children should be allowed to concentrate in their academic as it is the most important thing for them at that particular stage in theirs life..

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't show them what the needs to know, obviously that is different from you having to introduce them into business. . Introduction of children into business indicate that you are indirectly trying to teach them how business should be managed at a tender age. Sometimes it also depends on the child's interest .

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I so much agree that kids should be introduced to the idea of making money in any responsible way available and if business is the available means, then it's alright.

But one thing to be noted is that not every kid has the zeal for business or should I say the passion to go into business and it will be a great mistake which will rather than have positive effects on the child, breed negative consequences; when a child is forced into business.

So I think first and foremost a child needs to be studied and sometimes, you may even ask them of what they really love. If business seems to be the thing, then it will be better when such a kid Is exposed to business at an early age. This will help him or her to gain the needed skills and acquire mastery in business so as to make good progress even jn the future.