Should teenager manage a business?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In a situation where the owner of a business that's globally known dies. Can the only son of the business owner who is just a teenager run the business. While some may say yes, I may be slow on answering the question because I don't think the teenager can have all what it takes to run the business. In the second thought, giving the business to a stranger like the manager to continue running the business, may also be disastrous because he many not be loyal to the family of the demise. What's your take on this. Let's rub minds together and discuss this.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thwir are teenagers that are loyal it depends. Their is no small person when it comes to business. Some might be an adult but lack that cutting edge when it comes to running a business administration. Why some are tender in age but have that business cohesion IQ to drive success to it. I think they should give the teenager chance if he or she got what it takes to manage the business simultaneously.

Abee111

It depend on how faithful and loyal he is.
And some times there some teenagers that thinks very well ( rational in thinking) that even an adult or elderly person cannot think like he do. So if any business should be given to a teenager, it should be given to such because they can do very well and manage it. beside a business is not only meant for adult or elderly people.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To me I don't believe that investment or doing business has anything to do with age some time.
For example,if you look at those that we do call big men and big women in business now a days they had started doing business for long as far back as when they are still teenagers.
Most of this site that we are now making or earning money today where created by some teenagers. And if you ask of age they will tell 20years,18years and 15year yet they will be telling you that they had started for long may be 10 years back in business. That's why I said age is not a barrier for starting a business.

greatguy1

There's always a chain of command at every organization of note worthy. The reason companies have board of directors is to prevent things like this from happening. An Organization globally known should have a hierarchy in terms of leadership. The children of the founder/ceo could be groomed but if they're not ready and voted for by the board then the most suitable candidate should head.
In a situation where the owner of a business that's globally known dies. Can the only son of the business owner who is just a teenager run the business. While some may say yes, I may be slow on answering the question because I don't think the teenager can have all what it takes to run the business. In the second thought, giving the business to a stranger like the manager to continue running the business, may also be disastrous because he many not be loyal to the family of the demise. What's your take on this. Let's rub minds together and discuss this.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
To me I don't believe that investment or doing business has anything to do with age some time.
For example,if you look at those that we do call big men and big women in business now a days they had started doing business for long as far back as when they are still teenagers.
Most of this site that we are now making or earning money today where created by some teenagers. And if you ask of age they will tell 20years,18years and 15year yet they will be telling you that they had started for long may be 10 years back in business. That's why I said age is not a barrier for starting a business.
That's true dear, age isn't a barrier at all for one planning to start up any business. As long as that person is willing to take the risks and understand how business is, he or she can venture in and try to make the best out of the business that they plan to manage. Those we see today making millions in business started earlier as youths to drive that business from scratch to superstardom.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Nothing is wrong with a teenager having a business... Infact it will kindled their money making interest... The person who made my hair here at school is a little lady of just 16... She has a hair dressing shop and she is doing well and charging reasonably... What matters is that that the person is phycological ready for business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I really appreciate your view on this. But I am only looking at the other side of the argument. A teenager must always exhibit youthful exuberance. They can easily be distracted even by their so called opposite sex partner. Most of you citing examples only cited examples using the white. Let's be realistic, do you think teenagers won't misbehave when giving such a herculean task?

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I really appreciate your view on this. But I am only looking at the other side of the argument. A teenager must always exhibit youthful exuberance. They can easily be distracted even by their so called opposite sex partner. Most of you citing examples only cited examples using the white. Let's be realistic, do you think teenagers won't misbehave when giving such a herculean task?
So what will you make do of children that hawk without losing their mother's money... See, handling a business is not until you have thousands in your name... Sometimes how you handle the little matters. Girl children in the northern part of Nigerian at the age of 13 are already into one business or the other... And they are doing well with it...

Sammyesx

Though age is not a perquisites in handling a business but knowledge and experience is. Most often with age comes with experience most expecially in the business world. A teenager might not have the necessary knowledge and experience to manage an establish business unless he has been learning from the owner before he passed on.