Should Safety And Health Of Workers Be Important For A Company?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Many people work in different kind of workplaces and when it comes to working at a particular place, health and safety is one of those things that are really important. In fact, any kind of organization that advocates the rights of workers must also need to focus on this aspect as well. Safety of workers is very important. I live in a country where such kind of things are not observed in the workplaces, unfortunately. In fact, I also used to work in a company where such kind of things were never taken care of. The owner of that company was rich, but he never cared about employees at all.

There are many things a workplace must have when it comes to observing the safety and security aspect of workers. A proper workplace must have guards so that workers could remain safe. There have been cases of workers being looted by the robbers in workplaces. Apart from that, a good workplace must have emergency exists so that workers could leave the place in case of a fire or some other kind of emergency. Some workplaces in many developed countries also have a separate department for that. At least a workplace must have a first aid box. So, do you think that these kind of facilities are being provided in your workplace?

E

eldavis

The safety and health of the workers should come first in every business organization. It's a pity most of the companies here in my location, especially the small ones do not pay much attention to the health of their workers, most of them do not even have any health care system in place.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a factory in the US, I saw one worker with a cast on his leg. When I inquired, he said that he slipped in the pantry area because it was wet. The company paid for his medical expenses and he was also given a vacation of 2 weeks. That’s where I learned that you can sue a company for the negligence on the safety of workers. However, the guy was close to the boss and he said he was given a token (a sum of money) so he did not report the problem to the labor department.

In the Philippines there is also a law for the protection and safety of the workers in the work place. However, most of the accidents that happen occurred in construction sites. Maybe the contractor is not aware of the law on the safety of workers so there is negligence on their part.