Should I travel tomUK or continue to manage my #500,000 business?

marcusfe

Having graduated from university for many years, I tried to look for job but I couldn't find any, so I started a small business. Though the beginning of the business was very rough that I almost quit but thank God took my stand. Now to the glory of God Almighty, the business has started to respond to my call, and presently the business has grown to worth a bit over #500,000. I've decided to stay glue to my business for my survival and if there is any opportunity to expand, if grab it. Recently my brother in UK just called and discussed something quite different with me. He told me about an opportunity he has to invite some from his family and he decided to pick me.
Now I'm at the crossroad, I don't know what else to do.
Should I commit the business into somebody's hand and follow my brother or I should stay glue to my business?

springtech

If i was in your shoes, i would have asked him certain questions.
The truth is, it is normal to feel what you are feeling right now, if you dont feel it, it only means you have no focus or direction.
However the answers to the questions you will pose to your brother will determine the next step to take.
What are my chances of survival?
What is the probability of getting a job when i arrive?
How do i cope till i get a job?

These and many more questions are what I hope you would ask him.

Ralphjoe

This is a huge dilema that you have found yourself in at the moment, if I were to advice you, I will say that you should stick to your business as it has more potentials to be bigger than it currently is. The UK job may not be that concrete and it's a job that will most likely drain your power and your strength although you will be earning much but it can't be compared to having your own business and being in charge of your time and profit. I don't think there is gold in that UK that your brother is inviting you to as you will definitely struggle but in your business, you will grow it to your satisfaction and enjoy it with time.

IamDozzy

Well, what I always advise people in your shoes is to do what makes you happy. If relocating to the UK makes you happy then go for it, if staying put and expanding your business tickles your fancy then go for it. You are the one that wears the shoes, so you know where it hurts the most. But I will recommend you go to the UK , stay there for some years and find a reliable hands that would handle your business for you in Nigeria or you can start your business over there in the UK because the economic condition in Nigeria isn't encouraging small business owners.