Should i save or re-invest my profit?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The purpose of saving money is that It allows you to enjoy greater security in your life. If you have cash set aside for emergencies, you have a fallback should something unexpected happen. And, if you have savings set aside for discretionary expenses, you may be able to take risks or try new things

But investment actual helps us to get more money, investments are asset set aside to actual more money, but again investment comes with a pack of risk. We encounter alot of risk in course of investing.

Our profits are the earnings we get from the sales of either our goods or services we must have rendered to the outsiders or customers. It is wise to use the profits for saving purposes or to reinvest the profit into the business.

What's your take?

It is good to reinvest your profits as saving it won't help matters at all. Despite this, I won't advise reinvesting all your Profits as you would still need to save some percentage for emergency purposes that may present in the future.
It is up to you to decide how many percent of the money earned would go into savings and what other percentage would be reinvested.

It would actually be a bold move for you to reinvest all your business profits but that is not something I would advise you to do. I am only going to reinvest all my profit if I have a strong alternative that I am going to make money from other sources only.

If your salary or business is doing good and you earn regularly then it is a good idea to invest the extra money to make it grow. However, the investment has risks so you just have to be careful and discerning in the choice of investment schemes. It would be unfortunate if your investment would crash and that you would lose your money.

I'd like the idea of 50-50 for this. Half of the return goes to the savings and the other half is to be re-invest. In that way, if ever an unfortunate scenario occur and you happen to lose the investment, at least you still got some money saved from it.

You could balance both. Saving is necessary because you may need it for a demanding purpose and that's the essence of working. Re-investing your profit is good too, because it afford you the opportunity to expand your business very fast. I will be lot easier if you have other sources of income. So, you don't need to deep hands in profit often.