Should Film Making Be Taken As A Job Or Career?

Bisolami

Verified member
Film making is another field that provides job opportunity in the world. I love it basically because you can be self employed as long as you have the capital or if you have the skill. It depends on the path that you wish to follow. It may be acting, cinematography, video editing, lightening and so much more. As I said earlier, it depends on what the person is skilled in.

If I am to talk for myself, I will say that I take film making as a career and not a job. This is somewhere that I have invested so much money into by training myself so that I can be a better actress. This is the thing or the path that I want to follow throughout my lifetime. I am not wishing to be under someone and take it as a job and then leave it when I have enough money.

Anyone who leaves a job that he does for another one took it as a job and not a career. A career person will not leave thing he loves to do. Also, if you love to do film making and you are not yet making enough money from it, it is likely for you to take it as a career because that is what you love to do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Film making is a nice thing to do but should not be rely on except the person is a A-list artiste. Film making is very tedious and doesn't have much money like the people may think. I have friends in the industry that always gist me about the industry.

Some of the A-list artiste always depend on the ambassadorial posts that they have access to from government and as well as some big brands. This has been the reason why many people have had the believe that they are rich. Not all of them as rich as that.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I don't really know the boundaries of what the original poster uses to define jobs and careers. But one thing I know for sure is that acting is a career that one can pursue and get to the pinnacle. There are careers that you would need to work in a traditional job but I think that acting is more of you working with gigs. You move from one gig after you have completed it to the next gig. Acting is a career and a very lucrative one at that. It can give you wealth and fame if it clicks for you.