Business Ideas Shopify Dropshipping Business

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Find good products that you can sell online. Alibaba and Aliexpress are good platforms to find products from cheaper rates. When you are searching for products that you want to sell, make sure these products are ready to be shipped.

Then go to shopify and create your store. Import the products you found on Alibaba and Aliexpress to your shopify store. You do not have to do much work while listing products on your store except change the price.

Just because you have created a store with wonderful products does not mean you are making money on day one. You need to advertise your store and products and bring customers to your store. When customers order product from your store, it will be directly fulfilled by Alibaba or Aliexpress. They will ship the product directly to your buyers’ address.

However, when you are trying to choose products, make sure you are choosing a high selling instead of choosing all sorts of products. You also need to make sure the seller on Alibaba or Aliexpress is verified supplier with a lot of positive ratings.

When you use this business model, you do not have to spend money on products that you want to sell. However, you will have to spend money to create a shopify store. You can have one month free trial, afterwards, you need to spend $29 per month.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You made it sound like it is very easy to create shopify store and easy to make money through shopify store. Well, you get 1 month free trial and you will have tp pay $29 per month. But that is not the only cost associated with shopify store, you will also have to buy add ons that will allow you to import products frm aliexpress. You will also have to spend money on templates nd add ons that will be necessary to run the shopify store. Last but not the least, you will have to spend a lot of money in advertising your store.

D

Deleted member 13140

You made it sound like it is very easy to create shopify store and easy to make money through shopify store. Well, you get 1 month free trial and you will have tp pay $29 per month. But that is not the only cost associated with shopify store, you will also have to buy add ons that will allow you to import products frm aliexpress. You will also have to spend money on templates nd add ons that will be necessary to run the shopify store. Last but not the least, you will have to spend a lot of money in advertising your store.
it doesn't really have to be shopify, at all, you can you Facebook marketplace, which is very easy and is also free, and they have a very good traffic system, you don't really have to pay for ads like most people think, the organic traffic is huge and can generate lot of attention.. I tested it out I posted a product, and in minutes, I got 7 views already, the product didn't sell because it was a ridiculous price, you can also do something of the sort on ebay I guess

Mika

VIP Contributor
Well, shopify is not the only platform to dropship. You also do not actually need your own store to dropship. You can use other platforms as well. facebook marketplace is also a good platform to dropship. You can list the product for the sale and the product could be fulfilled by your supplier. You can also try etsy or ebay for dropshipping. If you are lucky, you can sell even without advertising but in most case you need to run ads to generate sales. Even when you are selling through facebook marketplace, you need to boost your products to generate sales.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
it doesn't really have to be shopify, at all, you can you Facebook marketplace, which is very easy and is also free, and they have a very good traffic system, you don't really have to pay for ads like most people think, the organic traffic is huge and can generate lot of attention.. I tested it out I posted a product, and in minutes, I got 7 views already, the product didn't sell because it was a ridiculous price, you can also do something of the sort on ebay I guess
Yes, it does not have to be shpify. You can sell through facebook marketplace. But if you have used facebook market place and understand how it works, you might have well understood that facebook marketplace is basically for selling locally, where buyers and sellers can meet personally. Since this marketplace is not moderated, it is easy to get scammed, therefore, the buyers avoid buying from people that are nor locally based. EBay is good, but the problem with ebay is the market s very competitive. your product listing will be lost and will possibly never found if you are not using advertising feature or SEO. You can easily get views on facebook marketplace but selling is harder unless you run ads

Mika

VIP Contributor
Facebook does not have any support for buyers and sellers. If you are trying to sell through facebook marketplace, you need to take risk on your own, as they do not provide mediation or payment option. You will have to use the payment method of your own choice. Selling on ebay is better because ebay offers support for buyers and sellers, if you are cheated, you can even file a dispute. Amazon is little better than ebay because Amazon also handles shipment. All you need to do is send your products to Amazon warehouse and let amazon do everything for you.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There is a big difference between selling through your own store and selling through third party store. When you sell through your own store, you have a chance of growing very big because you are a owner of an ecommerce company. It is not easy to sell through your store because you might have to spend a lot of money to brand your store and generate sales, but the pain will be more rewarding when customers will begin to flock on your store. You can also grow big by selling on other marketplace but you don't have a full control of your business.