Selling Evergreen Niches on Etsy

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Etsy is one of the top 10 ecommerce marketplaces in terms of revenue generation. It is also one of the best ecommerce marketplaces for individual sellers to sell their items. Etsy has a low fee. You need to pay just 20 cents to list a product. Processing fee is also lower compared to other similar marketplace as you need to pay just 6.5 percent.

You can sell all sorts of products on all niches, however, if you want to build a business that generates revenue all through the year, try selling evergreen products and evergreen niches.

What are evergreen niches and products?

A lot of niches and products can be labelled as evergreen niche and product, but I recommend digital products.

Digital products can be sold all through the year regardless of season, weather, politics, economy, etc.. When you create Christmas themed product, you can sell only during Christmas, however, when you create workbook or digital designs, you can sell anytime of the year.

I don't sell physical products. I am based in Asia and a large number of Etsy buyers are based in the United States. If I sell physical items, I will be spending huge money on shipping, which will ultimately reduce my profit margins. Therefore, I am selling print-on-demand products and digital products. With print-on-demand products, all I need to do is create a mock-up product, when the listing goes live and someone buys the product, the print-on-demand marketplace fulfills the order, I do not have to bother with printing or manufacturing the product, packaging the product and shipping the product. Selling digital products is even better because you have to create a product only once, and you will be selling the same product on and on. For instance, I sell workbooks. I spent about 20 hours creating the workbook. However, I have sold this workbook more than 20 times. The same is the case with other digital products.