Self-development

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The first step in self-development is to identify your interests and skills. This means thinking about what you want to do, how much time you want to invest in it, and where you think it will take place. Then, start searching for jobs that fit your interests and qualifications.

If you need help making this decision, try asking yourself these questions:

What do I like doing? Do I enjoy working with people? Or with things? Do I like to be the boss or follow directions? What kind of work environment do I prefer to be in (i.e., fast-paced or relaxed)? In what kind of setting do I perform best (i.e., formal or informal)?

What are my strengths and weaknesses? Are there any skills I could improve upon? How could others benefit from learning more about those areas?

Next, ask yourself if this is something that you really want to do full-time over a long period of time — or if it's just a temporary passion that might lead you elsewhere someday. If it's the latter case, don't worry too much about knowing exactly what it is yet — just focus on getting started.

These are very important questions to ask yourself if you want to self develop. Which is very important in career building. You get to focus your time and energy on things that actually push you forward and not things that keep you stuck somewhere.

Knowing your passion and interests comes with so much power. This is because that is where your strength lies and so you will be the most productive there.

Once you know your passions and interests, explore what skills are important there and learn them. Being skilled in your area of liking is a recipe to working without ever getting bored, just tired but never burnt out.

Then try your best to always be around people who have the same interests as you. You tend to grow bigger wen you are around other experts who share your goals in life. So volunteer or seek internships in those areas of your interests.

Talking about self development, the key to career advancement, which is a real and tangible goal of any professional, is self-development. The fact that you want to change your career or you have already made the decision to change your career path is an indication that you are looking for a way to make yourself better. You want to improve yourself and by doing so, you will become a better employee and person.

As an employee, self-development is something that should be done on a regular basis. This means that you need to take your job seriously, because if you do not know what your strengths are, how can you develop them? You need to know what motivates others and use them in your work. The goal here is not only to learn about yourself but also about the rest of humanity around us. We all have different perspectives about things, so our own perspective can only help us understand things better than before.

Self-development is the key to career advancement. It is important to have a clear understanding of yourself and what your strengths, weaknesses, values and goals are. This knowledge will help you make decisions that are right for you. The process of self-development is not necessarily a linear one, it can be a journey of discovery which requires patience and perseverance. Self-development is not something that you can do in one year or two years, it takes time and commitment to succeed.

Have a clear vision of what you want to achieve in life

The first step to self-development is understanding who you are and what drives you. Once this foundation has been built, it will be easier for you to plan your future and make decisions that will help you reach your goals.

Make time for yourself

When we don't take time for ourselves, we tend to lose sight of who we really are as people and how important our needs are. Self-development requires patience, self-discipline and commitment from all areas of our lives: work, family life, health and relationships with others.

I get into self development mode whenever I have something I want to change in my life, when I used to be fat, I disappeared for a number of months to fight it off and I became fit, when you live intentional, you will understand what your weakness are, which are the basis of self development, after identifying it, you should make conscious effort to change it, by trying out different solutions and finding out which sticks and then doing it over and over again.

Self development span across all areas in our life, there are a lot of things going on in our life and I don't thin we will ever finish developing, it is just a continous thing, when you fix this area in your life, you will notice that you have to fix this area too and when you keep on developing you will reach a version you are most happy with.