Screenwriter is a difficult career

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Let me share my experience in joining the film industry as a screenwriter. I was invited to a script writing workshop to learn the rudiments of writing scripts for the movies. That was an intensive workshop that I was proud to finish. With excitement I started writing scripts on my spare time. A script is more or less 100 pages (word document) and it takes a month to finish one film script.

I had written about 30 film scripts with some of it offered to producers. Fortunately one script was bought for $2,000. Unfortunately the film production did not materialize. Another script earned me $1,000 and it was made into a movie with the title Largaaa which is about the horse racing industry. I can say that writing is not a good career particularly with movie scripts. You would need a lot of luck to be successful.

Good luck

Verified member
There is no job that is not difficult anyway,All one need is commitment and dedication towards such career.A career is not a day job.It needs orientation,studying and being focus for one to achieve the goals.Screenwriter is a task that needs practice and once you are use to it,then you don't have any problems with it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It'd good you were successful at least during your time writing movie scripts which fetch you some reasonable amount of money. If i have passion for it i would've been a movie star and a play writer by now. I have no regret over it cos I'm thinking craving other options to earn money offline and online through what I'm passionate about.

D

Deleted member 28127

Screenwriter needs a lot of attention because what you will write on the screen must correspond to the current content of video especially if it is a video for 4 or 5 hours long so you may find it easy first 30 minutes then attention start to decrease gradually and this is hardest point at screenwriter, irrelevant title or title outside the subject can be a fault that is taken by considerence by viewer however you did not make attention.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think writing generally is a very difficult task because a lot of time it needs one cracking the brain to be unique. Writing a plagiarism free content means you must original and avoid copying content from anywhere. So you see it can be very tasking. Screen writing needs a very creative mind

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a good thing that you were able to earn a substantial amount of money. It's a good business if luck shines on you. Earning $3000 in month is something very encouraging . If I could have my way, I wouldn't mind the stress so far something worthwhile will come to me at the end of the month