Saving money tips

King bell

VIP Contributor
Below are some of the best ways to save money so you can have more of it.

-Buy a second hand item to save money - Buy used items online at sites such as eBay, MySwapBits, or Craigslist - Take short breaks from your shopping for a few minutes each day and go for a walk or visit the library - Download apps instead of purchasing desktop software

-Don't buy things you don't need - Don’t shop on credit cards – They allow retailers to charge interest rates up to 25 percent annually. Instead, use debit cards which are linked only with checking accounts and typically charge about three percent in fees. - Plan your purchases to save money - Go in with a budget and stick to it - Avoid impulse shopping (also known as “shopping addiction”) - Flexible spending plans can help you pay for childcare, medical expenses, or daycare fees.
-Snack on fruits and vegetables so you spend less money eating out
-When you do purchase items, pay full price and avoid buying things on sale. Although retailers often use sale prices as a marketing tactic, it is also a good way to buy used items that are cheaper than new ones.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for your informative thread about the best ways to save money. I totally agree with all ways you mention in your post and I already use some of them so as to save money. I believe that people must understand that money is important in life. We cannot survive without money. We need money to cover our daily needs and the needs of our family. Furthermore, money offers us financial freedom and independence. When we have money, we can make plans and dreams for the future, we can go to the best universities of the world if we are interested in studying or buy whatever we want for ourselves, our family and friends.

For these reasons, we must be very careful with money and not spend it carelessly on things we do not really need. We must learn to save some money and use the ways mentioned above because life is so unpredictable especially nowadays.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The best way to make money saving into a habit is to simply do it. When you're sitting on your couch watching TV, or sitting in traffic, or just waiting for your bus to arrive, you want to keep yourself busy. You don't want to be bored, so you start thinking about ways that you can make some extra cash.

The easiest way to do this is by saving little bits of money here and there — maybe $1 here and there each day — until it adds up over time. In order for this strategy to work, however, you need to be able to remember all these little bits of money that add up over time.

You might be thinking: "That's easy! I just write down everything I spend every day." But then again, maybe not. Maybe you get so busy with work or school that it's hard for you to remember everything that goes into your checking account each month (or week). Or maybe you only keep track of the big things like groceries and gas because those are the things that happen automatically; but if they're not automatic then they might as well not exist in your mind at all!

So how do we keep track of these little bits? We use tools like Mint.