SAFETY TRAVELING TIPS.

Bard Racheal

When you’re traveling, most times you don’t know who your neighbors maybe.
For that, you need to remember your security codes;

✓Avoid suspicious environment.
✓Avoid suspicious faces and movements.

✓Know your limitations.
✓Avoid rusted tricycles or taxies.
✓Make sure to be careful who you show help.
✓Avoid vehicles with no plate number.

✓That fancy looking car pulling for a drop over, won’t give you a relaxing drive to your destination as you think. Avoid them.

✓Know who you ask questions about a particular place, if you don’t know the specific place you're heading.
These tips need to be considered, because the world is really dangerous and you don’t want to get caught up with your early grave.
Be careful.

E

eldavis

Good one, one thing I have learnt to always work with while traveling, especially when I am using a public transport is to always make sure I am carrying extra cash. There are times where after boarding a car, along the way it could develop some faults, in most cases, it could take hours before the driver finds a solution. Instead of waiting, you could simply join any other public transport along the road, especially if you are in a place you know Notting about.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of these things will depend on location and sometimes most location are not always suitable to carry out journey at night especially here in Nigeria that there is high level of insecurity most especially in the northern part of the country . And even with the high rate of killing and the high rate of bandits activities in the Northern state and the Abuja kaduna expressway a lot of people are still travelling especially at night and using of bus which to me I just consider it as a dangerous journey.

I even considered your life to be more important than money because you could have just try as much as possible to raise money and take a flight which is always the safest way of transportation.

Well to be more guided and protected we should always try as much as possible to avoid any journey at night because it may not really be necessary and it might even expose you to So much Risk.

If in case that is just the only option then it is always advisable for us to try to make sure we get connected to our family members and friends at any given opportunity for them to understand our location in case of emergency.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some precautionary steps to be taken while traveling. It doesn't matter whether we are passengers or drivers, the paramount thing to us should be about our safety. However some people have taken their safety with levity for many reasons.

The first thing we need to know is that we need to learn about the environment of where we are going. We need to be conscious of that environment. I read a story of a girl on one of my favorite blogs of a girl that traveled to Tanzania for her b-day but she almost got raped in the hotel she lodge in.

We need to be very alert ful and make sure we have the right numbers of those law enforcement agents in case there are emergency on the road. I have a diary I do keep while traveling. Though I am not envisaging bad thing but I need to make sure that I put most things in place before it goes out of hands.

As drivers, we need to check the conditions of our vehicle before we travel. We need to check the carburetor and the fuel gauge. We should always try not to drink while driving.

Ramolak19

Verified member
You have made a reasonable point because safety should be our watch word when it comes to moving from one place to another.

There are some rules or policy to be follow. When ever you are travelling let your family know your bearing, tell them your daily plan. Try to make calls to your family or friends time to time. Nevertheless, travel in a day light or avoid night movement especially unknown environment.

Never trust anybody when you're travelling for business transaction especially unknown person or new business partner. And avoid making business agreement without present of the witness.

Never travel alone or never be in a place with a stranger to avoid rape or sexual harassment.

minenovo

I would even add - give your family (or friends, for that matter, depending on your situation) - the phone of the people you're going to. It's what I do when I travel and it's what I expect my family to do when they travel.

anniee

Travelling is one of the ways in which most office workers get a break from their busy schedule. Travelling is also a good remedy for stress, anxiety and depression and travelling often improves the mental and physical healthof the individual. But there are some tips to take when one is about to travell out either for a vacation or to see a friend or family member and some of these tips are;
1. Do your research before you get to your destination
2. Do not drraw attention to yourself this the destination you are going to
3. Make copies of important documents
4. Keep your friends and family updated
5. Be aware of your surroundings in which you stay.