Remembering The 2004-2009 Era When Cryptocurrencies Were Not Recognized As A Payment Method

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The first cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) was invented in the year 2009. I can still remember during the 2004-2009 era, many online money making websites often used to pay through online checks and Paypal. There were some online paid to click websites that used Alertpay (Payza), Liberty Reserve (Now Closed), and some other payment methods such as E-Gold (Also Closed). I still remember that era and it was actually a good era and it could have been a great era if Bitcoin were invented much earlier or if there were more online money earning opportunities just like now. Back then, there were not many great forums such as Trendri and Bizdustry and people living in many 3rd Tier countries used to struggle a lot. There were only a few freelancing websites that used to pay through bank wire payment method and such sites also exist now. Do you still miss that era? Do you think that cryptocurrencies could have made a huge impact on global payment system if they were invented during that time?

Last edited:

Josemendez

Verified member
I do remember those days and people who were able to venture into it then and kept their bitcoin for long must have rejoice that they have waited this long .
But the fact is that it wasn't easy back then because people were scared that cryptocurrency won't survive the taste of time as it was not used for payment of anything.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I know that the Advent of crypto currencies made it possible for people from my country to utilize so many online earninng opportunities as they were limited from some websites during that period who did not have the wire transfer method and PayPal was not open to us too. Crypto Currencies made the difference.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never knew about online, and ways to earn money during 2004-2007. I knew online during 2009, started using a mobile phone early 2010. That's when i knew that online exist. I was tender back then, also civilization didn't get to reach my locality earlier time. I don't think such era are missed since it isn't easy to receive payments you made online from then payment options.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I know that the Advent of crypto currencies made it possible for people from my country to utilize so many online earninng opportunities as they were limited from some websites during that period who did not have the wire transfer method and PayPal was not open to us too. Crypto Currencies made the difference.

I remember that era, too. During that time, there were certain freelancing websites that used to pay via bank wire. Right now there are a few freelancing websites that pay through cryptocurrencies. Things would have been much different if cryptocurrencies were invented before 2004. Many websites would have adopted cryptocurrencies by now.